Disaster Shelter Worker
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross in Eastern New York
- Work with a team to establish shelter operations at our predesignated sites during disasters that displace a large number of people.
- Receive supplies and set-up an area for sleeping and eating.
- Monitor the residents of the shelter to ensure needs are being met and resolve any possible conflicts that may arise within the shelter.
- Conduct head count and maintain an up to date roster within the shelter.
- Coordinate with agencies for food and distribute within the shelter.
Depends on the need to setup shelters in response to a Disaster. Workers needed for local, statewide and national responses.
Must have basic understanding of computers.
Must be age 18 or older.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 387-9441
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Cold Spring, NY 12205
August 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH