Raise Awareness of Alzheimer's Association Services in Butte County, California
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association, Northern CA and Northern NV
Please visit the new page to apply.
Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias while serving your local community.
Alzheimer's Association Community Representatives are community engagers that raise awareness of Alzheimer's Association programs, provide basic disease information, and link consumers to Alzheimer’s Association services.
- Represent the Alzheimer's Association at community events (in person or virtually) in neighborhoods, rural counties, business and civic organizations or faith communities.
- Alzheimer’s Association Awareness presentations for community organizations, congregations, civic organizations, sororities / fraternities, clubs and other locations.
- Promote support groups, education programs, Alzheimer & Brain Awareness Month, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, or The Longest Day using your local connections, bulletin boards, social media and physical displays in your community.
- Connect the Alzheimer's Association to new community organizations and connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities.
To apply to become a Community Representative, visit volunteer.alz.org
About Alzheimer's Association, Northern CA and Northern NV
2290 N. First Street, Suite 101, San Jose, CA 95131, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. Our mission: To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision, A world without Alzheimer's disease.
We provide programs and support services for patients, families, caregivers, and others in the San Francisco Bay Area affected by Alzheimer's disease and related disorders. Outside the federal government, the Alzheimer's Association is the largest research funder in the country and offers advocacy opportunities to make public policy change.
At the Alzheimer's Association, diversity and inclusion are vital to our mission. The Association leads strategic initiatives to support diversity and a culture of inclusivity. These strategic initiatives also strengthen outreach to all populations, providing communities with resources and support to address the Alzheimer’s crisis. By partnering with organizations locally and nationally to advance diversity and inclusion, the Association can broaden its reach in all communities.
Multiple locations Chico, CA 95926
August 22, 2022
- Elder care
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment, 1-5 hours per month.