Podcast Content Strategist, Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Canadian Pet Cancer FoundationJob description
Podcast Content Strategist, Volunteer
About the Pet Cancer Foundation
The Pet Cancer Foundation’s vision is to increase the life expectancy and improve the quality of life of pets diagnosed with cancer. Estimates suggest that 12M dogs and cats are developing cancer every year, roughly 6x the number of humans getting cancer yearly within North America.
We need to do more for our furry friends, and we're building a large team of distributed, animal-loving passionate volunteers to help them and their families. Our team requires an experienced and intuitive podcast content strategist to lead planning for this key communications effort; that's where and how you can help us.
About the position
The Podcast Content Strategist (PCS) will be responsible for leading the effort to ideate, research and PCF’s Podcast content strategy as part of the CEO Communications team. The PCS will develop and execute content strategies that drive traffic and interest in the organization, aligned to the organization and leadership’s high-level objectives. The PCS should be able to analyze user engagement metrics to determine whether our efforts are well-received and how to continually improve our podcast within the lens of the organization’s strategic vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads strategic content planning for the podcast that enables PCF’s short, medium, and long-term objectives.
- Develops and manages a monthly strategic content calendar, aligning to the organization’s communications objectives.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Online Communities leadership on social strategy and optimization
- Leads the department personnel to research topic concepts, pitches researched topics for approval, assists with identifying and booking suitable guests, leads preparation of any documentation, questions, and shareable online files for the audience, for each podcast episode.
- Leads a multidisciplinary team that may include, researchers, writers and editors, and/or graphic and multimedia designers.
- Monitors social engagement and analyzes performance across all platforms and communities as part of a continual evaluation of content and strategy.
You are an experienced podcast content strategist, and skilled in leading teams of passionate creators. The incumbent will have experience-gained insight and intuitiveness that will understand the nuance required to develop and drive the podcast for an animal cancer organization. You are also experienced in targeted content creation and have an in-depth understanding of what it takes to generate content for a difficult subject like cancer. Your career in communications, public relations or journalism has provided the depth of character that comes from compassionately listening and telling the stories of others. You have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a podcast content strategy role, or as a producer of similar content.
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in video/audio production, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Experience developing, and driving digital content for target audiences across platforms
- Skilled at writing and copy editing, including writing content for sensitive and difficult topics
- A professional portfolio of work that showcases the above
What we provide you with
This is an amazing role for anyone who is looking to either go into private or non-profit sectors. You will develop excellent networking and strategy skills and will continue to keep current knowledge of the latest industry trends and developments.
- This position is virtual and can be completed from anywhere in Canada or the United States.
- This is a volunteer position, and the time commitment is approximately 6-8 hours per week.
- Some projects are deadline dependent and may require more hours from time to time, flexibility is a must.
- Visit our new website in beta-release at www.petcancerfdn.org to learn more regarding the organization.
Job Type: Part-time
- We are experiencing higher than 70% of applicants who state they missed seeing the volunteer nature of the role in the posting above. Please leave us a short acknowledgement that you are aware of the volunteer nature of the role to allow us to properly consider your application. Thank you!
- Content strategy: 5 years (Preferred)
- communications: 5 years (Preferred)
- Team management: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1285 West BroadwaySuite 600Vancouver, BC V6H 1G7Canada
August 22, 2022