General Director NGO
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Intiwawa
As our General Director, you will be in charge of leading the German and Peruvian Intiwawa team and coordinating the work of all the administrative areas (Projects, Finances, Marketing, Fundraising, Volunteers, etc.), as well as the daily activities run in our community center 'Casa Intiwawa’. You will develop a strategic yearly plan with measurable objectives for all administrative areas, ensuring the continued sustainability and impact of our projects to continuously improve our organization. You will also be the main point of contact with local & international partners and support all Peruvian & German team coordinators & assistants in their functions. In addition, you will work on-site directly with the local communities in order to best adapt our projects to the specificities of the local context, working closely with the Project manager and continuously evaluating current needs together. This position constitutes a key role in our organization, as you will be the main point of contact for the entire Intiwawa community (the families and children participating in our projects, all volunteers & employees, Executive committee members, donors, partners & collaborators).
- Coordination of organizational activities
- Optimize human/financial resources for achieving organizational mission & vision
- Coordinate human, administrative and financial resources for the effective execution of our projects
- Allocate and administer budgets, team organization and delegate tasks for various projects.
- Create and update financial and administrational documentation for transparency
- Research and carry out collaborations with local & international institutions and organizations
- Promote the economic sustainability of the organization through grant applications and economic cooperation agreements to achieve growth of impact.
- Team management
- Assist in recruitment, manage, train and guide a team of 30-40 volunteers and 5 permanent staff members to ensure effective execution of community projects in the fields of education, health & nutrition, arts&culture, and empowerment programs for parents.
- Lead regular team meetings with all the administrative volunteers, coordinators, and employees in Peru and Germany.
- Be the main point of contact for partners, collaborators and the impacted communities
- Ensure access and active use of communication channels by all team members
- Supervision of onsite activities
- Plan, coordinate and supervise day-to-day operational processes and initiatives, such as marketing & communication, finances, cooperation, recruitment, impact measurement, fundraising and events, both onsite & remotely.
- Work closely with the program manager to evaluate and consult during day to day onsite activities.
- Support in the planning, documentation and evaluation of organizational projects.
● Excellent Spanish and English skills (German is a plus!)
● Min. 2 years of Performance Management experience
● Experience in international grant applications and reporting
● Excellent attention to detail, excellent organizational and administrative skills
● Experience in financial planning, process improvement, decision making, strategic planning
● Flexibility to adapt to new environments, resourcefulness, and sensitivity to cultural differences
● Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and intercultural communication skills
● Confident self-starter, with a high degree of motivation and initiative
● Ability to work effectively when unsupervised as well as with a team
● Creative hard-working enthusiast
● At least 2 doses of Covid-19 vaccination required
● At least 2-year commitment
● The position is full-time (40 hours a week)
● Flexible, unconventional schedule
● Salary : 500 euros/ month
● One round-trip from home country to Arequipa per year (limited to 800 euros / year)
Please send a letter of motivation, CV and your criminal record certificate to email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Arequipa, Arequipa 04300Peru
August 20, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME