Remote Volunteer KidCoach to Children (Ages 9 to 12)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Future Possibilities for Kids
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED to Inspire Possibility with Kids this Fall 2022
Future Possibilities for Kids is looking for volunteers to join our Ready, Set, Goal! program. The RSG! program is a seven-month leadership development program that matches a child between the ages of 9-12 with their own volunteer KidCoach. Through weekly phone calls using a guided Activity Book, the KidCoach supports the child through the process of setting and accomplishing a Goal of Contribution - a goal that benefits the child’s community.
· Receiving virtual KidCoach training and opportunities to participate in skill-development workshops throughout the program.
· Being matched/paired with a Kid in the program.
· Having 30+ minute weekly phone calls or video calls with your matched Kid, following along the program curriculum (Activity Book).
· Completing a check-In report after each call to check your progress, as part of a reflective practice and to communicate for follow-up & support.
· Being a part of a Crew of fellow KidCoaches and Kids. As well, engage in on-going communication with a Crew Captain as your first point of contact. A Crew Captain is an experienced KidCoach who leads & supports their Crew members.
· Actively participating in 4 virtual Crew Talk & Activity Days with your Crew. These virtual event days are a great way to connect and engage with others through fun and interactive activities pertaining to the program.
· Attending POP!Fest (website & live show). This virtual event is a graduation celebration at the end of the program year, that showcases the accomplishments of Kids and KidCoaches.
*Participation in the following program event dates is mandatory and an important part of your role:
Weekly Calls with your matched Kid begins the week of November 6th, 2022 and will end the week of May 14th, 2023. There is a total of 25 weekly call sessions + 3 Booster Activity calls over a 7-month period.
o Crew Talk + Activity Day 1 - Saturday, November 19, 2022 (9:30am-12pm)
o Crew Talk + Activity Day 2 - Saturday, January 21, 2023 (9:30am-12pm)
o Crew Talk + Activity Day 3 - Saturday, April 1, 2023 (9:30am-12pm)
o Crew Talk + Activity Day 4 - Saturday, May 6, 2023 (9:30am-12pm)
o POP!Fest - Saturday, May 27, 2023 (TBA)
18 & up (18 at the start of program)
Must reside in the province of Ontario
Minimum hours per week:
30+ minutes per week (about 40 hours in total for the 7-month program) phone or video call with a Kid you are matched with, and a check-in report is submitted after each call.
-Submit a KidCoach application
-Pass an interview & reference check
-Obtain a Police Clearance Check (cost associated) - asked to submit after an interview
-Complete KidCoach training
-Able to verbally communicate in English
-to a phone/video device for weekly calls
-to internet and a device (desktop/laptop/tablet) with video conferencing capabilities
Visit https://www.fpcanada.org/volunteer/be-a-kidcoach/ to learn more.
For questions, please email the Program & Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Toronto, ON M4P 1E2Canada
August 20, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK