AmeriCorps Business Intelligence Coordinator VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Metropolitan Ministries, Inc.
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national service program designed to alleviate poverty in communities across the country. Metropolitan Ministries’ VISTA project, Tampa Bay Homeless Outreach, aims to generate resources that enhance and expand housing programs and supportive services for people experiencing poverty and homelessness.
This is not a salaried position; this is a year-long service position that receives a bi-weekly stipend, education award, health insurance, and other benefits.
VISTA members serving at Metropolitan Ministries will receive orientation and ongoing professional development, trauma-informed care training, free meals daily (when serving on-site), and assistance with locating affordable housing (upon request). Members will expand the operations of a non-profit organization serving 100,000 people annually with food, clothing, emergency shelter, affordable housing, childcare, and elementary school, counseling and case management, employment and adult education services, health and wellness services, and access to community resources.
This position will expand the Collective Impact team’s ability to accurately measure Metropolitan Ministries’ impact on the Tampa Bay community by creating live-data reporting dashboards and documenting data management best practices.
Service Term: 365 days
Days/Hours: Full time; this position is 40 hours/week.
- Participate in AmeriCorps team meetings, trainings, and community service activities.
- Create reporting documentation for the Homeless Management Information System which stores client data and service transactions
- Research, document and implement best practices for data collection, storage & retrieval.
- Create a manual for the Collective Impact team that includes the data collection processes for the Unity system and for other MM departments reporting data.
- Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with people in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Experience in training, trauma informed care settings, homelessness, education.
Position Requirements and Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
- Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- VISTA must be willing to relocated to Hillsborough County, Florida if they are not already located here.
- Must be available for full time working hours for 1 full year
- VISTA must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Check
- Stipend of $675.08 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly for term of service
- Healthcare Benefit and Telehealth
- Choice of Education Award or Stipend ($6,345 for Education Award or $1,800 for Stipend)
- Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
- Relocation and Settling In Allowance for those moving more than 50 miles for service
- Non-Competitive Eligibility Status
- Access to daily meals at no cost to member
- Childcare assistance (if qualified)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- 20 days for Personal/Sick Leave
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2002 North Florida AvenueTampa, FL 33602
August 19, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME