CALL FOR LEADERS: MISSOURI STATE DEATH PENALTY ABOLITION COORDINATOR
ORGANIZATION: Amnesty International, USA Mid-Atlantic Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Amnesty International USA seeks a Missouri State Death Penalty Abolition Coordinator (SDPAC) to join our team of skilled, dedicated member leaders working to abolish the death penalty. SDPACs serve as local coordinators for Amnesty’s death penalty abolition advocacy in their state. This is a non-paid position except for expenses related to SDPAC work.
- CONTENT EXPERT: Keep AI groups, volunteers, and staff informed of death penalty news in Missouri, including upcoming executions and death penalty related legislation
- DEATH PENALTY STRATEGIST: Coordinate with AI staff on national death penalty strategy; work with Missouri organizations and organizers to coordinate statewide strategies
- ACTIVIST MOBILIZER: Mobilize activists to engage in grassroots legislative advocacy, especially when executions are scheduled; plan and implement death penalty education events for AI members and the community
- COALITION PARTNER: Serve as AI’s local representative in state anti-death penalty coalitions; build partnerships with organizations related to racial and criminal justice
- Must live in the United States (ideally a Missouri resident)
- Minimum two-year commitment
- Attend SDPAC trainings and meetings as scheduled (travel expenses covered by AI)
- Engaged and responsive
We are looking for thoughtful, committed team members who are skilled, dedicated to death penalty abolition, and ready to join our team.
To apply, please complete the SDPAC application. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Amanda Armstrong email@example.com
Please fill out the SDPAC Application here: https://www.amnestyusa.org/sdpac-application/
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.
About Amnesty International, USA Mid-Atlantic Region
600 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20003, US
Amnesty International's vision is of a world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights standards.
In pursuit of this vision, AI's mission is to undertake research and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination, within the context of its work to promote all human rights.
AI is independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion. It does not support or oppose any government or political system, nor does it support or oppose the views of the victims whose rights it seeks to protect. It is concerned solely with the impartial protection of human rights.
Amnesty International has a varied network of members and supporters around the world. Although they come from many different backgrounds and have widely different political and religious beliefs, they are united by a determination to work for a world where everyone enjoys human rights.
AI is a democratic, self-governing movement. Members and supporters across the nation, and throughout the world, are active in campaigns, events, and awareness efforts in the fight for human rights, supported by a global network of AI staff and volunteers. Movements such as the denouncement and end of torture, abolition of the death penalty, and prevention of violence against women are just a few cases of Amnesty's ongoing work.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 28, 2023