Volunteer Optometrist, With A Twinkle In Their Eyes, Needed At Turning Points..
ORGANIZATION: Turning Points
Please visit the new page to apply.
Turning Points is in need of 2 or 3 volunteer Optometrists, who have a twinkle in their eyes and a compassionate heart to volunteer., Volunteers work in the Turning Points free eye care clinic one or two week days per month, screening and examining patients. This volunteer opportunity is perfect for a FL licensed Optometrist, who is semi or fully retired and looking to serve the community using their amazing skills.
This opportunity requires a volunteer to provide comprehensive vision care, including routine eye exams, identifying signs of disease or injury and prescribing corrective lenses. Also, the volunteer would prescribe medications to treat ocular diseases and disorders and maintain patient records.
For more information on this volunteer opportunity, please feel free to email Cheryl Hedger at email@example.com.
For more information on Turning Points, please view their website at www.TPManatee.org. Also, please join others on Zoom, for a 1-hour tour of the Turning Points mission, that you can take virtually from anywhere. Register for Empower Hour at www.tpmanatee.org/events.
About Turning Points
701 17th Avenue, West, Bradenton, FL 34205, US
To Provide, Facilitate and Coordinate Services to men, women and children who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in Manatee County, Florida.
Located in Bradenton, FL, this unique non profit organization has four major programs.
1) Open Door Day Resource Center is where the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless and homeless with a roof can receive help with basic needs including use of the computer lab, employment assistance, mail service, Food Stamp assistance, hot showers, haircuts, clean clothes and shoes, laundry service and so much more.
2) Medical/Dental Clinic which provides primary care to homeless and low income clients who have no health insurance and meet eligibility requirements. Dental is available for low income individuals by a dedicated Dentist staff . Patients who have no insurance and meet eligibility requirements may receive help with extrations, filling, dentures and cleanings.
4) . Veteran Services Yellow Ribbon Program targets Manatee County Veteran men and women and their families that are struggling with issues related to homelessness. This program assist Veterans and families through their individual needs, providing a "Housing First" philosophy that is not enabling.
5). Transitional Development Program assist the homeless, those served with an eviction notice and those requesting rental assistance to prevent becoming homeless.
701 17th Avenue WestBradenton, FL 34205
September 21, 2022
- Patient Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 day per month.
- FL Professional Licence in Optometry