5 people are interested
Project Sunshine Volunteer (Haskell, NJ)
ORGANIZATION: Project Sunshine
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Project Sunshine is an international volunteer-led nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring joy and play to pediatric patients. Our volunteers get firsthand experience of aiding the healing journey of children facing medical challenges through play, which allows for creative expression, creates an outlet for emotion, and minimizes the anxiety or stress the children experience. Project Sunshine volunteers do this through in-hospital visits, packing activity kits, and leading virtual play (TelePlay). We lead programming for medical facilities or disease specific nonprofits.
In Person Volunteering:
- Facilitate developmentally appropriate arts and crafts activities for children ages 3-18 based on the agreed upon schedule with the medical facility and your chapter
- Bring a bright, positive attitude and energy
- Arrive at your medical facility in a prompt and punctual manner
- Set up and break down of play area with program supplies
- Keep an open line of communication with your chapter leader
- Adhere to all Project Sunshine and medical facility policies
In-person Training requirements:
- Online Volunteer Application (15 minutes)
- New Volunteer Training (1 hour)
- New Volunteer Training Quiz (15 minutes)
- In-person Volunteering Training (30 minutes)
- Potential Facility Clearance Process
- Must be 18+ years old
- Must reside in the United States
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated
- Complete all Project Sunshine onboarding and medical facility clearance processes
- Passion for the Project Sunshine mission and working with children
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and outgoing personality
- Positive and openminded attitude
- Experience working with Zoom Platform (a plus)
- Interest or experience working in the medical field (a plus)
- Experience working with children 3-18 years old (a plus)
Whether it is watching the smile on a child’s face grow when they yell 'BINGO!’ or seeing them use their brilliant imagination by bringing a ceramic animal to life, Project Sunshine volunteers get a unique experience brightening the lives of children who are going through hard times.
If you are interested in volunteering with Project Sunshine, please apply on our website or find the application linked here: https://projectsunshine.org/community-volunteer-application?hsLang=en.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
About Project Sunshine
211 East 43rd St., Suite 401, New York, NY 10017, US
Project Sunshine is a multi-national, volunteer-based nonprofit that meets the social-emotional needs of pediatric patients and families living with all medical challenges.
Project Sunshine addresses the psychosocial and developmental needs of pediatric patients and their families. Over 18,000 trained volunteers deliver programs that provide opportunities for creative expression, socialization, intellectual stimulation, and sensory integration -ensuring childhood remains a place of wonder. Project Sunshine partners with over 325 medical facilities across the U.S. and in four international locations, serving more than 150,000 pediatric patients and families.
Multiple locations Haskell, NJ 07420
August 18, 2022
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours Weekly/Biweekly
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination