3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION SOUTHWEST REGION
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Intern to join our incredible team in Dallas, TX. Alongside members of the Development team, the intern will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
The intern will assist the American Lung Association in Dallas staff to execute marketing, promotions, sales and event management activities to gain experience in the field of communications, marketing, sales, public relations, and project management.Responsibilities:
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
Before an unpaid internship begins, documentation from an accredited college or university will be required stating that this internship opportunity is eligible for academic credit.
This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 8 -16 hours per week (flexible schedule) and must be eligible for course credit. This position is for Fall 2022 and must be completed by December 31, 2022.
This is a great opportunity for the intern to enhance their skills in organization, multi-tasking and communications. The intern can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association
- Become knowledgeable of mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Participate in staff meetings and learning opportunities.
- Special Events, Fundraising/Development, and Communications
- Assist with general administrative support for communications to gain exposure to specific events terminology.
- Assist in the development of media materials such as press releases, facts sheets and briefing documents, as well as working to develop compelling media pitches and story angles.
- Assist in the distribution or marketing materials.
- Assist in the creation of email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Assist in the recruitment of new teams and sponsors.
- Assist in compiling media lists, media calendars and communications plans.
- Assist with brainstorming and providing creative ideas to execute communications efforts for events, programs, and advocacy efforts for the state of Texas
- Research and summarize public health facts and figures
- Assemble health education materials for presentations and tabling events.
- Identify and recruit residents of local communities to participate in project activities.
- Gain a basic understanding of Convio, BrandHub, and social media platforms.
- Learn more about Non-Profit structure, including mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by utilizing constituent management software, desktop publishing, and office programs.
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques.
- Learn about team building and collaborating with staff.
- Learn how to develop communications for special events and per-to-peer fundraising.
- Learn to cultivate relationships.
- Learn how to communicate in a professional office setting.
Must be working towards a bachelor's degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field.
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for internship.
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in marketing, business administration, non-profit management, or a related field.
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association.
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer Proficiency - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form and are also required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
About AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION SOUTHWEST REGION
8140 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 106, Dallas, TX 75231, US
To save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through education, advocacy and research. For more than 110 years, we have led the fight for healthy lungs and healthy air, whether it's searching for cures to lung diseases, keeping kids off tobacco, or fighting for laws that protect the air we all breathe.
Our Strategic Imperatives:
- Defeat lung cancer.
- Improve the air we breathe so it will not cause or worsen lung disease.
- Reduce the burden of lung disease on individuals and their families.
- Eliminate tobacco use and tobacco-related diseases.
- Accelerate fundraising and enhance organizational effectiveness to support the urgency of our mission.
The American Lung Association is a charity built on trust and transparency, and is a proud holder of the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Guide Seal.
8140 Walnut Hill LaneSuite 106Dallas, TX 75231
August 18, 2022
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Part-time, unpaid position to end by December 20, 2022.
- must speak and write English.