Strong Start Academy Elementary School Ambassador
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: City of Las Vegas AmeriCorps
**AMERICORPS SERVICE OPPORTUNITY - Participation in a program of national and community service as an AmeriCorps Member does not constitute employment and should not supplant full time income**
AmeriCorps Members are required to complete 900-1200 hours of service for a 9-12 month commitment from September 2022 - May 2023 or September 2022 -August 2023 serving in the Las Vegas community.
Strong Start Academy Elementary School
Strong Start Academy Elementary School is a public charter school whose mission is to provide equitable, high quality bilingual academics as we prepare our civic-minded thinkers to maximize their potential in their community and the world. AmeriCorps Members will serve as Strong Start Ambassadors to provide academic interventions and community resources assistance.
1200 hour positions (1 positions available)
- Service Dates: September 2022 - August 2023
- Stipend is up to $14,560 for the 12-month term ($560.00 bi-weekly)
- Education Award: $4,545.50
- Required hours: 27.5 hours per week
900 hour position (3 positions available)
- Service Dates: September 2022 - May 2023
- Stipend is up to $10,000 for the 9-month term ($500.00 bi-weekly)
- Education Award: $3,247.50
- Required hours: During the school day for 30 hours per week
- Strong interest in community service and/ or social work
- Dedication to the community, passion for service, and ability to commit to full length of service
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate online systems and email
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Organized, responsible, flexible, motivated, and professional
- Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback from supervisors and program staff
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations from all socioeconomic backgrounds and adapt to any environment
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics, and integrity
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Ability to commit to 9-12 months of service
- At least 17 years of age by the program start date
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, or agree to obtain prior to using the education award
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
The city of Las Vegas is committed to creating a diverse environment in which all social groups are represented, and that closely matches the diversity of the communities we serve. We want to ensure every applicant is treated fairly and with respect regarding race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or disability.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss disability accommodation for those requiring application or interview support, for more information please contact Christina Gomez at 702-229-2609.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
August 18, 2022