SQWM Board of Directors Treasurer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: South Queens Women's March
South Queens Women’s March (SQWM) seeks a treasurer to serve on the SQWM Board of Directors. The SQWM treasurer is a position tailored to a detail-oriented individual with a passion for grassroots activism. The treasurer will be the lead board member of financial management and oversight for SQWM. The treasurer is expected to maintain close communications with the entire Executive Board including the Chairperson and the Executive Director of the organization.
Key responsibilities would include the following:
- Manage incoming payments, write outgoing checks, and deposit received funds
- Report to the board quarterly on the organization’s finances
- Document all business and financial transactions
- Manage formal reports and organizational bank statements
- Oversee and approve all financial plans or revisions to plans
- Plan and ensure adherence to predetermined financial budget for the year
- Ensure protection of funds from any potential misuse
- Develop and enforce strong internal controls and financial management policies
- Ensure accurate and complete financial reporting and proper maintenance of financial records and information/tax returns
- Regularly assess risks and whether and how such risks should be mitigated
- Keep calendar of filing requirements and ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Have organization’s financials audited whenever required or advisable
Preferred Academic or Experience Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated personal commitment to social justice and volunteer service
- Ties to the South Queens community
- Excellent organizational skills related to documentation and file/record-keeping
- Strong verbal and visual financial reporting skills
- Valuable time management and prioritization skills
- Solid understanding of budget planning and finance
- Substantial value for ethics and trustworthy operations
- 2 years of professional experience in finance or budget planning
- Experience in accounting or business-related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters degree in finance, business administration, economics or another related discipline.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- General multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and positive attitude
- Must be trustworthy and discreet with organizational details
Approximately 10 hours per month (attending weekly board meetings, and treasurer duties as described above)
Term of Office:
Two years, per organizational bylaws (unless otherwise determined)
This is an unpaid volunteer position. Members of the South Queens Women’s March Board of Directors are not compensated.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 11419
August 18, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH