Raise Your Voice. Build Community. Fight Poverty. (Phoenix, Arizona)
Please visit the new page to apply.
"Everyone should be asking themselves how they can take action, no matter their age. What is each of us going to do to change the world? Anyone can take that step to making a difference." Mary Domingo, RESULTS Wisconsin Volunteer
What’s Your Vision for a Better Future?
- Do you believe that all people, no matter where they live, should have access to basic human rights like affordable housing, nutritious food, and economic security?
- Are you tired of seeing oppression and inequality hold people down in your community?
- Do you long to be part of a solution that pushes back against oppression that causes poverty and inequality in the US and across the world?
- Are you interested in harnessing the power of community to bring meaningful and positive change?
At RESULTS, we believe in the power of community.
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed, everyday people who come together to use our voices to advocate for policies that will bring an end to poverty. At RESULTS, we work with members of Congress to pass policies that will create a better, more equitable future. We know that this future is possible and achievable.
We also believe in the power of community advocacy to facilitate positive change. We know that everyday people make big changes when we work together.
Learn more about our community of volunteers here: www.results.org/volunteer
Do you want to use your relationship building skills to make a difference in the world?
There could not be a more crucial time to be part of a community calling for change. As a volunteer-based advocacy movement, our power comes from people being connected and in action in their communities. We will not reach our goals for a better tomorrow unless more people are in action today.
RESULTS Outreach and Partnerships Coordinators engage in local outreach to grow our base of advocates pushing for change. In this role, you will strengthen the RESULTS community so we can be even more effective in our work to end poverty.
"I connected with the fire from the RESULTS staff. It was inspiring. I wanted to be connected to this community of passionate people using their voice to invoke change. That was something unheard of in my community. Once I saw how simple and easy it was to engage and learn about the opportunities to be a powerful advocate, I had hunger for more. Things grew to being able to share RESULTS and advocacy with so many different people." Maxine Thomas, RESULTS Indiana Volunteer
If more people were in action, what kind of future would be possible?
By raising our voices together, RESULTS advocates have and will continue to push Congress to make progress on both US and global poverty and inequality issues. Through advocacy, we believe we can create a future where:
- Everyone, everywhere across the world has access to lifesaving healthcare, nutrition, and education
- All people in the United States have safe, affordable housing
- The racial wealth divide no longer exists
- No child suffers from malnutrition
- All kids can get a quality education
Read more about our anti-oppression values and how our volunteers make an impact here. www.results.org/volunteer
Is the RESULTS Outreach and Partnerships Coordinator Program right for you?
This volunteer opportunity is organized as a short-term 6-month program.
As an Outreach and Partnerships Coordinator, you will make connections with other people, organizations, and leaders in your community to grow your local RESULTS groups. During this program, you will:
- Get familiar with RESULTS, our values, and our policy campaigns
- Learn what relational organizing and outreach is and how to do it effectively
- Use relational organizing and outreach to connect with like-minded people & organizations and build a bigger, more active base of RESULTS advocates and partners taking action on poverty issues in your local community
- Grow your RESULTS group to increase our advocacy power and influence
Learn more about the RESULTS movement here: www.results.org/volunteer
In addition to engaging in community outreach and organizing, all RESULTS volunteers take part in powerful advocacy with members of Congress like:
- Speaking with policymakers about problems in your community and solutions that can make a difference
- Publishing media to call attention to injustice in the world and solutions that need to happen
- Learning about the systems of oppression that continue to create poverty and inequality today and policy solutions that can make a difference
New to advocacy? No problem.
RESULTS will provide issue and skills training to all volunteers plus all the tools you need to be effective. In addition to staff training & support, new advocates will join a local group in your community with experienced advocates who are eager to support you to learn and grow.
Take the next step today. Learn more about what you can do as a RESULTS Outreach & Partnerships Coordinator and sign up to volunteer: www.results.org/volunteer
1101 15th Street NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005, US
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together they use their voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. Volunteers receive training, support, and inspiration to become skilled advocates. In time, volunteers learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunity. With every hour of their time, volunteers multiply their impact through the enormous power of advocacy -- whether it’s helping change policy to support millions of families putting food on the table or helping raise billions of dollars for the world’s most vulnerable children. Backed by the in-depth research and legislative expertise of staff, RESULTS advocates realize the incredible power they possess to use their voices to change the world.
For over 40 years, RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund have been shining light on critical, effective solutions to poverty. By combining the powerful voices of civic advocates with research and oversight of U.S. anti-poverty efforts at home and abroad, RESULTS has been changing government priorities and people’s lives.
"I saw RESULTS on VolunteerMatch, but I wasn’t sure what advocacy was. Before that, I wasn’t really aware of the way different government policies impacted me. But RESULTS gave me a whole new perspective. I learned that if you want change, first you need to see what members of Congress are doing and build connections." - Yaseer Khanani
"I became an advocate because I wanted to be more involved in an organization that strives to make positive change. I really appreciate how genuine and dedicated everyone is to the RESULTS mission." - Sunjay Menon
"At RESULTS, we advocate for the issues that are close to my heart, like global health, education, and poverty eradication. I get to talk about issues that I witness throughout my professional and personal life. I can effect change by raising my voice." - Shabina Hussein
Multiple locations Phoenix, AZ 85029
September 14, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months. 6 - 9 hours per month.