¿Tienes una práctica regular de atención plena? Enseñe esta valiosa habilidad a los estudiantes.
ORGANIZATION: San Francisco Education Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you bilingual in Spanish and English? Bilingual mindfulness educators are needed. Learning to understand our emotions and how to manage them with skill is one of the most important lessons any human being can learn. The San Francisco Education Fund is seeking volunteers with a consistent Mindfulness practice to lead 30-minute Mindfulness sessions once a week in public school classrooms in San Francisco. Volunteers will teach elementary school students focusing techniques, based on the Mindful Arts in the Classroom curriculum, to help them cultivate the skill of present-moment awareness. Some opportunities for volunteers without a consistent Mindfulness practice may be available in the form of assistant roles.
Our second training of the 2022-2023 school year is fast approaching. It will be October 17th from 5:30-7:30pm via Zoom.
Please indicate your interest in joining the program at: https://sfedfund.org/volunteer-interest-form/
We look forward to working with you!
BAY AREA RESIDENTS ONLY, PLEASE
About San Francisco Education Fund
2730 Bryant St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94110, US
The San Francisco Education Fund's programming focuses on one goal: improving student success in San Francisco public schools. Because no single effort can yield the results we seek, the Education Fund utilizes a multi-faceted approach focused on teachers, volunteers, students, and strategic partnerships. The Education Fund's ongoing research, policy and public engagement work spans all of our program areas.
The San Francisco Education Fund believes that strong
public schools are critical to San Francisco's viability and that the community must take action to ensure their success. By acting as a bridge between the community and the classroom, the Education Fund increases the availability and impact of resources for students and teachers throughout San Francisco public schools.
Our integrated approach:
- supports teachers with training and resources to enhance their classroom practice;
- matches volunteer skills with teacher requests;
- engages students to create positive changes in their schools;
- unites families, service providers, businesses and others to build stronger school communities; and
- informs district policy through community input and strategic partnerships.
Multiple locations San Francisco, CA 94110
September 23, 2022
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health
- Child Development
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers commit to one hour/week for the duration of the school year. Volunteer opportunities are during normal classroom hours, approx. 9am-3pm. No weekend or evening opportunities available.
- Must live in the San Francisco Bay Area, close enough to volunteer in-person when permissible. Criminal background check, negative TB test results, and proof of COVID vaccination required.