Financial Literacy Instructor - Riverview (Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: LifeSmart Education
Who We Are
LifeSmart Education is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that enhances the availability of nontraditional educational classes and resources for underserved youth and communities. We help those who need unwavering, positive life management skills. Youth aren't born knowing the life skills that we wish they did; they must be taught and molded into productive members of society. At LifeSmart Education, we teach youth how to be socially and emotionally successful and enable them to achieve their highest potential as law-abiding global citizens.
We are looking for passionate educators to join us as instructors for our partnership with Riverview International Center. This volunteer role could lead to a paid position.
We are looking for financial literacy instructors to teach a course on the fundamentals of personal finances. The course is intended to prepare newcomers to America in making informed choices related to opening a bank account, budgeting, spending, saving, borrowing and investing.
The program will run for 12 weeks starting in September. The classes will be 90 minutes each on Monday evenings between 6pm to 7:30pm.
The program will require travel within the Columbus, OH area with a time commitment of 1-2 hours a week. There will be travel reimbursement.
- Update relevant information to include new developments in education
- Adapts and reassess curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress
- Comply with regulations and guidelines
- Records and reports students' development and performance; identifies areas of improvement
- Collects student data such as attendance, tests and classroom instruction notes
- Capable of managing students with diverse learning needs and levels
- Attends curriculum meetings to discuss program needs and progress
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with students
- Enforces safety and security standards for students, staff, and visitors
- Communicates all progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to students or other instructors, staff, and/or president of LifeSmart Education
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & Google Suite products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to set up a projector and laptop
- Flexible and adaptable teaching practices
- Patience and empathy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attends orientation/Training
- Teaching experience preferred
- Willing to submit to a background check
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Columbus, OH 43123
September 27, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK