Want to Change Someone's Life? Become a Volunteer Advocate in the Emergency Room.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Crime Victims Treatment Center
The Crime Victims Treatment Center is New York State's oldest and most comprehensive hospital-based victim services program. Things started small back in 1977, but this little grassroots organization has since grown into a towering forest, providing a vast range of services, free of charge, to survivors of violent crime.
Sounds great, right? It is. Here's where you can get involved.
Join us by becoming a Volunteer Rape Crisis and Domestic Advocate. Our Advocates work with survivors who come to the Emergency Room for treatment.
Volunteer rape crisis and domestic violence advocates provide crisis counseling, emotional support and advocacy to survivors of sexual and intimate partner violence who seek treatment in the emergency departments of our affiliate hospitals, which include Mount Sinai West, Mount Sinai Morningside, Brookdale Hospital and Lenox Health Greenwich Village. All it takes is a comprehensive 40-hour training (provided by us, online), two 12-hour shifts per month, and a willingness to do a whole lot of good.
Please get in touch if you're interested in taking our next training in October 2022. To become an advocate, you must be:
- over 18 years of age
- able to reach Mount Sinai West, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Lenox Health Greenwich Village and/or Brookdale Hospital within 20 minutes in a cab
- have access to high-speed internet or a mobile device
- able to commit to being on-call for two 12-hour shifts per month
- able to commit to the program for at least one year if accepted
- able to attend all training dates: October 6 (evening only), and all day October 8, 9, 16 and 16.
Interested? How wonderful! We can't wait to hear from you!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10005
August 17, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH