Be a Senior Companion in Grant County!
ORGANIZATION: Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington
Please visit the new page to apply.
Senior Companions help fellow seniors remain independent longer ,and provide respite to family caregivers.
Earn a Tax Free Hourly stipend
A stipend is not a wage, this is not a job, it does not affect your eligibility for things like food stamps, low-income housing, SSD etc.
Who are Senior Companions?
* Age 55+
* Pass background check
* Patient and Compassionate
* No experience needed, just a desire to help
What do they do?
* Accompany clients to appointments, nutrition sites, social outings, and other essential errands
* Assist with grocery shopping and simple "light" household chores.
* Provide companionship, talk, listen, play games and assist with hobbies or shared interests.
What they don’t do:
* Don’t do activities usually performed by doctors, nurses, or CNA’s such as feeding, medicine, bathing, etc.
* Don’t do major cleaning such as vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing floors, washing windows, etc.
* Don’t do any moving or lifting heavy items such as furniture
* Don’t do outside work such as snow shoveling, lawn mowing or leaf raking
About Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington
5301 TIETON DR STE C, YAKIMA, WA 98908, US
Motivated by Christ's love, we bring hope to life, especially for those most in need.
Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington provides help and creates hope for thousands of people each year regardless of religious, social, or economic backgrounds. Though serving the outreach efforts of the Diocese of Yakima, Catholic Charities is a separate 501(c)3 charitable organization, funded in part by the State of Washington, federal contracts, the United Way across Central Washington, fees for service, grants, and charitable contributions. Although rooted in a Catholic tradition that shapes its core mission of service to all, at times as many as 85% of the agency’s staff is non-Catholic. Similarly, the vast majority of those being served are not Catholic. With nearly 32 service locations and almost 48,000 people served annually, the agency remains a testimony to its ongoing mission of "Bringing Hope to Life."MISSION
Motivated by Christ's love, we bring hope to life, especially for those most in need.VISION
We envision communities where people are treated with dignity and respect, their basic needs are met, and they are empowered to enhance the quality of their own lives.VALUES
We affirm our faith in God who calls us to serve.
We celebrate the uniqueness and dignity of people.
We nurture children and strengthen families.
We provide quality services to those in need.
We serve people of all faiths.
145 S Worthen StWenatchee, WA 98801
September 20, 2022
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Between 5 and 40 hours per week
- You must meet an income requirement in order to receive the stipend.