3 people are interested
Leukemia Ball Auction Committee Member
ORGANIZATION: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Mid-Atlantic
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
The Leukemia Ball: May 13, 2023, will be our 36 th Annual Ball taking place in Washington, D.C. This is the largest black tie non-political event in the DC region with over 1,800 guests in past years. This event is filled with a mission driven program, dinner, dancing, silent and live auctions, and headlining entertainment. In 2022, we raised $2.3 million!
About The Committee: Each year, the Leukemia Ball Silent Auction features more than 200 fantastic packages, including many one-of-a-kind experiences, exciting vacations, autographed memorabilia, fine wine and more. Generous businesses and individuals donate these items, allowing all of the proceeds to go directly to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- · Secure minimum of 8-10 silent auction items for a total value of $3,500
- · Solicit businesses ad personal contacts for items, and experiences
- Coordinate with item donors and LLS Staff to arrange pick-up or delivery
- Serve as an ambassador to help each person/business understand the impact they can have. Promote information on Leukemia Ball Tickets & Silent Auction
- Participate in monthly Auction Committee meetings and phone calls (October-April).
- 1-2 year term
- Monthly Committee Calls
- Other time expected on average of 3-5 hours per month
- Optional in-person meetings
- Community Oriented
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- General understanding of the Mission and impact of the Auction and Leukemia Ball
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Mid-Atlantic
3601 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 450, Alexandria, VA 22304, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
Volunteers are our partners in the crusade to end cancer and provide more options and a better life for patients and their families.
The mission of LLS is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
- LLS has invested more than $1.5 Billion in cutting edge research since 1949 to save lives of blood cancer patients. Because there is no way to prevent or screen for most blood cancers, LLS is focused on finding cures.
- In 2021, LLS helped advance nearly half of blood cancer treatment options approved by the FDA.
- Over the last 5 years, LLS helped advance more than 75% of the almost 100 FDA-approved blood cancer treatment options. We are the leaders in advancing breakthroughs in immunotherapy, genomics and personalized medicine.
- LLS funded research has led to new treatments that are being applied in other types of cancer including bone, brain, breast, kidney, liver, lung, ovarian, pancreatic and stomach.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 16, 2022
- Public Relations
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 21
- Commitment -1-2 year term -Monthly Committee Calls -Other time expected on average of 3-5 hours per month
- This position can be done remotely*