Become a Study Buddy Tutor and help kids succeed in reading! - Minnetonka
ORGANIZATION: CommonBond Communities
Please visit the new page to apply.
Join Study Buddies and be matched with a student to strengthen their literacy skills while building a positive and lasting relationship. We provide tailored curriculum and activities to structure your time with your buddy, as well as tutor trainings and on-site staff support, to ensure you have the tools you need to make an impact.
What do Study Buddy Tutors do?
- Work 1:1 with a student (1st-6th grade) 75 minutes each week for the duration of the school year
- Strengthen the student’s literacy skills by tutoring them through provided activities tailored to each student’s specific needs
- Build a positive relationship with the student to support their social and emotional development
- Work as a team with staff to help create and maintain a safe and supportive environment
- Commitment to regular weekly attendance
- Enthusiasm for helping young people learn
- Interest in working with students from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and academic backgrounds in a housing-based setting
About CommonBond Communities
1080 Montreal Ave., St. Paul, MN 55116, US
CommonBond's mission is to build stable homes, strong futures, and vibrant communities.
We believe a home is the foundation for everything in life. Our integrated approach - housing with supportive services - changes lives and strengthens families and communities. Each year, CommonBond provides affordable housing and services to help more than 12,000 people with low and moderate incomes achieve their goals for stability, advancement, and independence. Approximately 2,800 of these residents are children. CommonBond develops and operates urban, suburban and rural housing communities across 50+ cities in Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin for families, seniors, and people with disabilities and other barriers to stable housing.
11367 Fairfield RoadHopkins, MN 55305
August 15, 2022
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Start in early October and continue through the school year.
- COVID Vaccine required to volunteer