9 people are interested
Children's Activity Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Caudwell Children
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Are you a creative, friendly, open-minded person who wants to gain experience working with Children? Caudwell Children are looking for volunteers to help with our Short Break Activity Sessions!
Our Short Break Activity Sessions enable disabled children to access fun, inspirational and challenging leisure activities that build life skills and promote independence whilst providing carers with vital short break respite.
With our support, disabled children and young people get to explore their interests, talents and develop vital life skills. Activities can lead to ASDAN accreditation. Short break activities build future hopes and aspirations and provide children with the confidence to achieve their full potential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Caudwell Children staff member(s) in running the short break activity sessions
- Help to ensure all children are safe during the activity sessions
- Support staff members with planned activities
- Participate in setting up an activity and helping with the set down
- Communicate and work with the children to ensure they have fun
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Punctual and reliable
- Experience of working/ volunteering with children
- Creative personality
- Experience of working/ volunteering with children with an additional need
- Experience of working/ volunteering in a charity/ third sector
- Experience of education or an educational setting
This role takes place on weekends only. We suggest a minimum commitment of 6 months for this role - full training and support will be provided.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Caudwell Children
Caudwell International Children's Centre, Innovation Way, Keele Science & Innovation Park, Newcatle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5NT, GB
OUR VISION: A world where all disabled children and their families have choice, opportunity, dignity and understanding. OUR MISSION: Practical and emotional support through compassionate and efficient services. OUR MOTTO: Whatever It Takes.
Caudwell Children provide family support services, equipment, treatment and therapies for disabled children and their families across the UK. We also provide autism assessment and support at our purpose built Caudwell Internation Children's Centre based in Staffordshire.
Passionate, positive and practical; we are motivated to improve the lives of the estimated 770,000 disabled children living in the UK, starting with the 400,000 living in or on the margins of poverty.
We can help with:
- Family support services and short break activities
- ASD assessments from our multidisciplinary clinical team
- Funded mobility and sensory equipment
- Access to life saving surgeries and treatments
- Life changing therapy and support programmes for children with brain injuries and their families
Brocton Village HallOldacre LaneBroctonStafford, Staffordshire ST17 0TWUnited Kingdom
August 3, 2023
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Suggested commitment of 4 hours per month (one weekend session)