Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Access Project
The Access Project supports students from disadvantaged backgrounds to access top universities. We are looking for undergraduates, postgraduates, staff, and alumni who would be able to tutor a young person aged 14-18, online, one hour a week in term-time Autumn 2022- Summer 2023 to support them with their academic studies.
•Support a young person in a subject of your choice to achieve the GCSE / A level grades they deserve and to fulfil their potential.
•Build transferable skills, experience and knowledge through ongoing training and development as part of the role.
•Students supported by The Access Project typically achieve a grade higher at GCSE and are four times more likely than their peers to progress to a top-third ranked university.
No prior teaching or tutoring experience necessary, we provide a full comprehensive training and induction to help you build the confidence to be the best volunteer you can be.
Interested? You’ll need to:
· Either be currently studying for an undergraduate degree or have an undergraduate degree/equivalent professional qualification.
· Either have an A Level subject you wish to tutor at GCSE (grade B or above) or an undergraduate degree in a subject you wish to tutor at A level.
· Be able to spare one hour a week in school term time over the next academic year to tutor (starting Sept/Oct 2022), plus 30 mins a week preparation time.
· Be prepared to undertake an enhanced DBS check (criminal records check) and provide two references (personal or professional).
How does it work?
1. Sign up at www.theaccessproject.org.uk/volunteer
2. Sign up to any of our 2.5 hour training sessions over the summer, there are various dates so you can find one that suits you: During this session you’ll learn everything you need to know for your weekly one1 hour tutoring sessions.
3. You’ll complete a DBS check (criminal records check) and an online safeguarding course.
4. We’ll match you with a student who is looking for support in your subject. In particular, we are seeing high demand from our students for support with sciences and maths so volunteers who are able to support in maths and science subjects would be particularly welcome. There are also many opportunities for volunteer tutors in other subjects including humanities and languages.
More information and sign up at: https://www.theaccessproject.org.uk/volunteer
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
The Access Project128 Aldersgate Street, Barbican,London, EC1A 4AEUnited Kingdom
August 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK