Volunteer System Administrator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: THRIVE Project
Volunteer Systems Administrator
Contract: Minimum six-month commitment
Commitment: Minimum 15 hours per week
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Why join THRIVE?
Looking for a role where you can be part of a collaborative, mission-led group? Hoping to build a network of global contacts and develop your team working abilities?
When you become a volunteer at THRIVE, you’ll receive:
· Free induction, training, and mentorship sessions
· The opportunity to develop your presentation skills
· Access to global connections (including VIPs)
· Guidance and education from experienced volunteers
· The chance to land a paid job
What is THRIVE?
THRIVE stands for The Holistic Regenerative Innovative Value Entity. As a not-for-profit initiative, we aim to place humankind on a more sustainable path and create a 'thrivable’ future for all.
The THRIVE Platform is a free, web-based tool that uses the best-available science to address contemporary global challenges. The THRIVE platform uses machine learning to help guide countries, cities, companies, and individuals on their journey towards a more sustainable future.
THRIVE has excellent relationships with a variety of research groups, educational bodies, and UN-affiliated policymakers.
We use educational content and free software solutions to address some of the following global challenges:
· Climate change
· Loss of biodiversity
· Social inequality
By joining THRIVE, you will help to ensure humanity can face global issues effectively and sustainably.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Systems Administrator to join our friendly, global team.
You should have a minimum of five years commercial experience in DevOps environment, with capabilities in:
- VM environment: Azure, CentOS, Docker
- Apache, Mail, DNS, PostgreSQL
- WordPress, Nextcloud, Cpanel
- Development experience is an advantage
In this volunteer role you'll have the chance to expand your network to include senior officials worldwide as you work through selected projects.
· Bachelor's degree
· Fluent in English (preferred)
· A passion for sustainability
· A collaborative team player mindset
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment
· Well-developed problem-solving abilities
· Highly organised
· The ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
· Exceptional time management skills
· Ambition and proactivity
At THRIVE, we’re looking for individuals who strongly align with our mission and vision for a thrivable future. If you’re looking for an opportunity to join a growing initiative that allows you to gain valuable experience while giving back to a worthy cause, apply now.
We’re strongly committed to equal opportunities and value diversity in our workforce.
Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
CityBrisbane City, QLD 4000Australia
August 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME