KarmaSue Volunteer Treasurer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: KarmaSue
The Treasurer is typically the Officer assigned the primary responsibility of overseeing the management and reporting of an organization’s finances and may have many important duties specific to its role, including:
- Bank account maintenance - Selecting a bank, signing checks, and investing excess funds wisely
- Financial transaction oversight - Being knowledgeable about who has access to the organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as developing systems for keeping cash flow manageable. Manages the Board's review of, and action related to, the Board's financial responsibilities. May work directly with the bookkeeper or other staff in developing and implementing financial procedures and systems.
- Budgets - Developing the annual budget as well as comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget
- Cash Management and Investments - Ensures, through the Finance Committee, sound management and maximization of cash and investments
- Financial Policies - Overseeing the development and observation of the organization’s financial policies
- Reports - Keeping the Board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing required financial reporting forms in a timely fashion and making these forms available to the board. Ensures that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board. Regularly reports to Board on key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health.
- Finance Committee (if applicable) - Chairs the Finance Committee and prepares agendas for meetings, including a year-long calendar of issues
- Auditor - Recommends to the Board whether the organization should have an audit. If so, selects and meets annually with the auditor in conjunction with the Finance and/or Audit Committees.
The Treasurer is accountable to the Board of Directors (if elected or appointed by them) or members. (If elected by the membership at a members meeting) as specified in the Bylaws. Through the Board of Directors, certain duties of the Secretary may be delegated to the Executive Director, Board members and/or committees as appropriate; however, the accountability for them remains with the Treasurer.
The Treasurer ensures that he/she develops a financial report for Board meetings. This may involve periodic meetings with committee Chairpersons and the Executive Director to draft annual and meeting agendas and reporting schedules.
The Treasurer serves as an ex-officio member of Board committees (e.g. Finance Committee) specified in the Bylaws. In this capacity, the Treasurer’s role is:
- to serve as a voting member of the committee (if specified in the Bylaws)
- to negotiate reporting schedules
- to identify problems and assist the committee Chairperson to resolve them, and if necessary, to bring them to the attention of the Board of Directors
The Treasurer may be designated by the Board of Directors and/or Bylaws as one of the signing officers for certain documents. In this capacity, the Treasurer may be authorized or required to sign or countersign checks, correspondence, applications, reports, contracts or other documents on behalf of organization.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
13098 East 2nd AvenueAurora, CO 80011
August 13, 2022