FFRN! Board Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Fund for Reparations NOW!
The Fund for Reparations NOW! (FFRN!) is the white ally initiative of the National African American Reparations Commission (NAARC). NAARC has charged FFRN! with building out the white lane of the reparations movement. To reach this goal, FFRN! works to support Black visions for reparations, by ultimately taking our "marching orders" from NAARC. That said, because we as white people are best positioned and have the responsibility to work with white people on racial justice, there is plenty of room for us to use our talents, skills, and leadership abilities to advance the reparations cause, and work toward the collective liberation of all of us.
In everything we do, the members of FFRN! are seeking to undo and heal from the colonial, patriarchal, heteronormative, White Supremacy Culture in which we we have been indoctrinated. As such, we seek to maintain a "flat" Board structure, and there are no formal officer positions. To the greatest extent possible, members are encouraged to self-select work in which they shine and that brings them joy, while simultaneously advancing FFRN!’s ultimate goals. We acknowledge that power naturally accumulates with those who are able to work the most and encourage everyone to find the level of participation that matches with their passions and abilities.
Board Member Commitments
As an all-volunteer organization, FFRN! is a "working" Board, and it is the work of the Board Members that gives FFRN! life. There are no defined term limitations to FFRN! Board membership. Members are encouraged to actively participate in FFRN! for as long as they have the capacity to do so in a life-giving way. If your life shifts suddenly, restricting your ability to participate, we know that that is a part of life--so please just let us know. Resting is a necessary part or the work, and we can explore options for a leave of absence or simply just part ways.
In order to accommodate shortages of either time or money that potential members may find to be realities within their lives, we have a flexible structure of either 10 hours per month of service or $150 per month, which can be broken into $15/hr increments (i.e. you work 6 hours per month, you pay in $60 or you may work 10+ hrs per month with no financial contribution). The Board’s monthly meetings are included within this time calculation.
Current Board Member Opportunities
While everyone is welcome, we do recognize that we have a few ways in which we could be stronger as a group and hope to fill in some gaps. We enthusiastically hope to find some folks who are:
- Under 30
- Living in rural communities and or/not in progressive coastal cities
- From or having family roots in the South
- From a poor/working class background
- Gifted with visual art/graphic design talents
- Film-making, producing, and editing geniuses
- Algorithm-whisperer on social media
- Talented fundraisers
- Adept with membership databases
- Lovers of all things finance
- Insanely well connected to the rich and influential
If one or more of these things are true about you, we especially hope you will apply for Board membership!
- Please email your current resume along with a list of the skills that you want to use to further reparations to Info@fundforreparationsnow.org. If you don’t have a resume, an informal list of education and relevant work- paid and unpaid is enough. Additionally, in 500 words or fewer, please let us know why you want to work with The Fund for Reparations NOW!
- We will reach out to let you know via email if we would like to have a video chat with 2-4 board members, so we can get to know each other and answer each other’s questions.
- If it seems like a fit, you can come to a board meeting.
- If it still seems like a fit, we’ll teach you the Super-Secret Reparationists’ Handshake--and you’re in!
Sound Good to You?
If you have more questions, or if all of this makes sense and you’re interested in joining, please reach out to us at Info@Fundforreparationsnow.org, and one of our members will be in-touch with you shortly.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
732 South Spring StreetApt. 1721Los Angeles, CA 90014
August 13, 2022
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH