2 people are interested
Music Ensemble Board Member
ORGANIZATION: SEICENTO BAROQUE ENSEMBLE
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Seicento Baroque Ensemble (www.seicentobaroque.org) is a local organization that brings excellent, historically informed baroque concerts and events to the Boulder/Denver area. We are soliciting applications for new board members from diverse backgrounds, with one or more of these qualities.
Are you someone who:
- Loves music and is fulfilled by sharing it?
- Is a creative thinker and will follow through on a project?
- Enjoys collaborating with others?
- Is either detail oriented, or sees the big picture?
- Is a good listener and communicator?
Examples of the varied backgrounds of current board members: manual therapist, photographer, graduate student, computer engineer, restaurateur, nonprofit database manager.
What SBE offers you as a prospective board member:
- A functional board of people who like each other and work well together
- A vision of offering excellent, historically informed music and events to delight and heal the listener, with 10 years of successful performances in the Denver area
- An artistic director with vision, commitment and knowledge of her craft
What SBE asks of you:
- Attendance at monthly meetings, with hiatus in summer
- Read and agree to the 'new board member’ document
- Joyful effort as an active volunteer!
Please contact Christina if you are interested in becoming a board member.
Christina Hildebrandt, SBE secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org 720-284-8710
More opportunities with SEICENTO BAROQUE ENSEMBLE
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SEICENTO BAROQUE ENSEMBLE
PO BOX 171, BOULDER, CO 80306, US
The group is an auditioned chamber choir which uses historically-informed performance practices and period instruments as it brings to life works by Monteverdi, Carissimi, Schütz, Purcell, Biber, Mielczewski, Scheidt, Charpentier, Vejvanovsky and other baroque composers. Seicento Baroque Ensemble’s concerts are performed with vocal soloists as well as baroque strings, violas da gamba, harpsichord, recorders, sackbuts, baroque flute and oboe, all who specialize in historic performance.
With a name inspired by the Italian word Seicento which means "six hundred" and refers to the culturally rich 1600s in Italy, the Seicento Baroque Ensemble was founded in 2011 to fill a void in the Colorado choral scene by performing worthy but rarely-heard music of the early baroque musical period.
1421 Spruce StreetBoulder, CO 80302
January 13, 2023
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- monthly meetings 1.5 hours/month. Including this meeting time, we ask that you plan to give approx. 4 hours/month; this will vary, depending on the month in the concert season.
- Choose tasks and projects- community outreach, marketing, research, grant assistance, etc.- that interest and excite you, and that you will give your best contribution toward during your tenure on the Board.