We serve 66 homeless adults in our shelter every night and about 95 cups of coffee. You can help by organizing a coffee drive!
If you're a coffee drinker, I know you appreciate how a hot cup can make you feel ready for your day. Shelter guests get up as early as 3 am to take several buses to get to work and coffee helps them out the door. Many of our guests drink a cup of decaf in the evening, hungry and waiting for dinner.
For non coffee drinkers, we also can use tea bags and hot cocoa packets!
Although we purchase our coffee from a warehouse store, it still is a large expense. We brew both caffeinated and decaf and we would welcome any brand or size (must be ground).
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 1
- Shelter Support Volunteer
- Diaper Drive A-Go-Go!
- Tools for School: Build a...
- Shelter Connect Liaison
- Morning Rush Coffee Drive
- Lunch Provider for Shelter Guests
- Literacy Mentor
- Celebration Gift Basket
- Healthy Home Essentials
- Give a BOOST to Literacy...
- Shelter Hot Breakfast Provider
- Shelter Hot Evening Meal Provider
- Intro to Volunteering with...
- Youth Group Overnight and...
- Tourists and Travelers: Give us...
- Undercover Drive!