Pet Food Bank Delivery Volunteers Urgently Needed
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Shanti Project of San Francisco
ABOUT PETS ARE WONDERFUL SUPPORT (PAWS) FOOD BANK & BECOMING A VOLUNTEER:
The PAWS Pet Food Bank is the very first service provided by the PAWS program of Shanti Project and has been in operation since 1987.
The Food Bank provides PAWS clients with a supplemental allotment of pet food, litter and a variety of pet supplies (e.g., toys, treats, collars, leashes, carriers/crates, etc.) every month. This basic but essential service can often mean the difference between our clients meeting their own nutritional needs and sacrificing their needs to feed their animal companions, or being able to keep their pets in their lives at all.
Many of our clients are unable to come to the Pet Food Bank due to their disability. We rely on the generosity and commitment of volunteers to deliver food and supplies to all of our homebound clients. Pet Food Bank volunteers are urgently needed during this period of the pandemic to ensure our community members and their pets receive these crucial supplies. That’s where you come in!
- Deliver bags of pet food/supplies to 8-10 homebound clients in SF neighborhoods
- Delivery team consists of two people (a driver and a rider) - you must choose your own rider (friend/family member/partner) anyone you feel comfortable with during COVID
- On the day of your shift, you will pick up the delivery routes and bags from the PAWS office, and deliver items to all the clients in that route
- Client address and contact information will be provided in each delivery route
- Shifts take around 2-3 hours to complete
- Minimum age of 16 years old
- Must have your own vehicle, current driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and/or use elevators
- Comfortable driving to any/all neighborhoods in SF
- Choose your own rider (friend/family member/partner) anyone you feel comfortable with during COVID
- Volunteers do not enter client’s home
- Volunteers will social distance- 6 feet apart
- Volunteers will wear a mask, gloves, and sanitize frequently
WHEN & WHERE:
- Opportunities on Fridays 2-4pm and Saturdays 11am-1pm
- All help is appreciated; volunteers can come once, occasionally, or regularly
- Starting at the PAWS office in the Mission District and going to clients’ homes in various neighborhoods in SF
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit an application here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4755427
- If you have any questions, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com
Other ways to support the PAWS Pet Food Bank?
Donate much needed items* including: dry & canned cat food (especially Fancy Feast), dry & canned dog food (especially Cesar’s), treats (especially cat treats), poop bags, clumping cat litter, leashes, toys and clothing (especially for small dogs.)
*We accept food in its original packaging that has not passed its expiration or 'Best by’ date, and new or clean, gently used clothing and supplies.
Thank you for considering this important opportunity to serve the San Francisco community!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3170 23rd StreetSan Francisco, CA 94110
August 12, 2022