Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Cojolya Association of Maya Women Weavers
The textile designer will work directly with the production director and marketing coordinator to design new products for the shop, as well as create custom products for international clients. S/he will take into account current trends, pricing and our customer throughout the design process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research of inspirations for textiles, patterns, color ranges to develop new collections.
- Development of samples of fabrics working with our artisans and based on local techniques: brocades, tie-and-dyes, patterns.
- Sourcing and purchase of eco friendly supplies, including threads, leathers, trimmings from suppliers in Guatemala and abroad.
- Production of textiles and finished products (accessories, scarves and home goods) for both the association’s collections and special clients. This will include updating classic collections and creating custom products for the international market. Designer must follow a new product from inspiration to samples to finished product, adjusting at each step.
- Work with production director on quality control, ensuring consistency.
- Assist with the communication of the collections and the Association’s mission. Can involve photography and graphic design for print and online communication.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Centro Commercial Las Mascaras 2d FloorCalle RealSantiago Atitlán, 07019Guatemala
August 12, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME