2 people are interested
Creative Expression Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Cancer Bridges
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Cancer Bridges provides a warm and welcoming environment for everyone who has been impacted by cancer. This includes those with a cancer diagnosis, those who have a loved one with cancer, or have experienced the loss of a loved one due to cancer. All our programs and activities are 100% free.
We are currently looking for volunteers with artistic skills and interests to lead classes on art, music, writing, etc. to our members. Creative expression courses are popular amongst our members, who enjoy the opportunity to make art in a supportive environment. Amateurs are welcome, but we do ask that our creative expression volunteers are skilled enough to teach their chosen medium.
Classes will take place in person at our building in the Strip District. We prefer classes take place Tuesday through Thursday, but we can be flexible with the times. Classes can be scheduled weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
Parking is available, and we are located near many bus stops.
About Cancer Bridges
2816 SMALLMAN STREET, PITTSBURGH, PA 15222, US
Cancer Bridges supports those impacted by cancer through a variety of free programs and services.
Cancer Bridges provides a warm and welcoming environment for everyone who has been impacted by cancer. This includes those with a cancer diagnosis, those who have a loved one with cancer, or have experienced the loss of a loved one due to cancer. All of our programs and activities are 100% free.
- Clinical Support: members may meet with one of the mental health professional on staff for cancer focused, short term support
- Support Groups: offered by licensed professionals focusing on emotional and educational topics. Groups feature various speakers and open discussion
- Health & Wellness Workshops: such as Reiki, yoga, Zumba, mediation, and specialized health and wellness workshops
- Creative Expressions: such as creative journaling, rock painting, and knitting
- Education Lectures: a variety of topics related to the cancer experience, presented by experts in the field.
- Social Activities: a way to connect to other members at Cancer Bridges.
- Specialized Programs: a variety of cancer specific programs designed to meet the unique needs of our members
- Family And Youth Program: unique programming to meet the needs of your family
2816 SMALLMAN STREETPITTSBURGH, PA 15222
August 11, 2022
- Visual Arts
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hours are flexible. Typical classes are 1-2 hours and held weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
- Currently we are requiring masks in our building. Clearances will also be required before you can begin.