Boys and Girls Club of Bend Education Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Notre Dame Mission Volunteers BEND OREGON
Responsible for providing an environment that is safe physically, emotionally and mentally. Help youth get along with others, make new friends and provide opportunities for fun and constructive use of leisure time.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish a program setting that ensures the health and safety of our members.
- Contribute to the creation of the Club’s overall positive climate for youth development.
- Plan, implement, and monitor academic programs and activities consistent with the organization’s youth development mission, goals, and current year objectives. Compile a monthly and weekly activities calendar for your specific program area.
- Provide guidance services to Club Members as appropriate with the well-being of the youth members in mind.
- Understand and implement the Youth Development Strategy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bend.
- Manage necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
- Promote and market programs to Club Members, parents, and community.
- Provide guidance services to Club Members.
- Manage all elements of the Learning Center.
- Develop and plan scheduling regarding specific Learning Center tasks.
Performance Standards Job Function #1:
- Implement annual and monthly action plans.
- Communicate with parents of Project Learn participants regarding accomplishments and concerns. Keep Program Director informed of all communication.
- Communicate with Program Director regarding any discipline problems.
- Assist in developing, following, and updating a year long action plan.
- Create and maintain a case management system for members including: individualized education plans, Project Learn pre and post tests and surveys, tracking member progress and any additional needed information for grant reporting.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all Academic Success programs including a tracking system and incentive based program to track Power Points.
- Produce annual grant reports Academic Success based programs updating the Executive Director as needed.
Performance Standards Job Function #2:
- Coordinate and advertise special events during the school year.
- Maintain and update all program bulletin boards.
- Recruit, enroll and retain Club Members in Project Learn.
- Develop a communication schedule with Club Members, parents, community members, school personnel and Club Staff in order to maintain open communicate and share information on a regular basis.
Performance Standards Job Function #3:
- Members receive guidance to help them fulfill and make appropriate choices about their educational, physical, emotional, social, and vocational needs.
- Positive and respectful relationships exist between Staff and Club members, utilizing "active listening" skills.
- Members are always held accountable for behavior within reasonable expectations.
- Behavioral incidents and achievements are recorded and shared with Program Director.
- There are efforts to promote the carry-over of values and conduct outside the Club.
Performance Standards Job Function #4:
- Provide daily Program Activities in the Learning Center and for Members in general. Coordinate program offerings with other Education Coordinators to ensure balanced program offerings.
- Actively contribute to the tracking and data processing of Club Members using KidTrax software and functions. Turn in program attendance to MSC every Friday.
- Make sure members are fully aware of the Club rules and discipline policy.
- Keep Learning Center equipment in good working condition and report all equipment problems to the Program Director.
- Keep Learning Center clean and free of debris at all times. Ensure that cleaning responsibilities are performed as directed by your supervisor. Coordinate these tasks with other Education Coordinators.
Performance Standards Job Function #5:
- Create plan and schedule the following weekly tasks:
- Tracking reading minutes, tracking Power Hour sign in, tracking Project Learn sign in, etc.
- Monitor progress of assigned Project Learn participants and individual Project Learn checklists. A minimum of twice per quarter.
EVALUATION: Position holder will establish, with the concurrence of the Program Director, specific semi-annual performance objectives and expected outcomes in accordance with the above Key Roles and Job Functions. These objectives are dynamic and will be revised from time to time to the mutual agreement of the position holder and the Program Director.
- Completion of high school.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children, small groups of children in activities and free play, and large groups of children in organized activities.
- Demonstrated ability in the effective guidance and discipline of youth ages 6 through 18.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Bend, OR 21218
August 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME