Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Northshore Senior Center
The Northshore Senior Center (NSC) frequently prepares grant applications for foundations and grant-makers in order to secure financial support for the organization’s programs and initiatives. NSC is recruiting a Grant Writer to help research grant opportunities and prepare applications for submission. Working with the Director of Fund Development and the CEO, the Grant Writer will become familiar with NSC’s programs and will help prepare narratives that describe the impact of NSC in the community. In this position, helpful experience would include marketing, communications, online research, philanthropy, and/or community development. Hours per week are negotiable and may vary somewhat depending on grant deadlines and submission schedules.
Location: Bothell, WA
· Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization.
· Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
· In collaboration with NSC staff, draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
· Submit proposals to Director of Development for approval.
· Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
· Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
· Must complete a volunteer application, sign a volunteer
agreement and authorize a background check. All of these items will be
completed prior to starting.
· Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
· Copy-writing or communications experience, especially in marketing, persuasion, or story-telling.
· Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources.
· Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
· Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
· Working knowledge of computers.
Time Commitment: This position requires a minimum of one 4+ hour shift per week (8AM-12:30PM or 12:15-4:30PM). There will also be a training period associated with this position (see below).
Training/Support Provided: Individual,
one-on-one training will be provided for a minimum of three 4+-hour sessions
(or as needed and agreed to). This training will be provided by the Volunteer
Leader or other experienced volunteer, as assigned.
Why Volunteer at NSC? Northshore Senior Center’s vision is a community where older adults and those who love them are empowered to choose and develop ever more joyful, healthful and meaningful lives. Volunteering at NSC offers the chance to gain a new perspective on life while involved in social interaction with older adults, strengthen your skills, and make a difference in other people’s lives with the variety of tasks you will experience. Your service can not only put a smile on a participant’s face, but also provide much needed support and encouragement.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
10201 East Riverside DriveBothell, WA 98011
August 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK