Ayuda Back-to-School Supply Drive
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Ayuda
Opportunity Title: Ayuda Back to School Supply Drive + Packaging Events
Opportunity Description: As we all begin readying for the start of the school year this fall, we have officially launched our back-to-school campaign! At Ayuda, we are seeking to collect new school supplies that we will package and distribute to our youth clients and families with young children across our three offices in Virginia, DC, and Maryland. There is nothing like a fashionable backpack filled with brand-new school supplies that gets young students excited to start the academic year, especially for newly arrived students or those less fortunate like the clients we serve. We are hoping to provide at least 150 backpacks across our three offices and will need all the help we can receive to collect and package the school supplies we will be providing!
Department/Individuals Assisting Ayuda’s Social Services Team
Responsible to: Our Volunteer Coordinator, Connor Paul, as well as our Case Mangers at all three of our Ayuda offices.
Ways to Get Involved & Requirements:
- Purchasing new school supplies for us via our Amazon Wishlist or providing new school supplies to us in-person that you have at home/purchased. No requirements other than a desire to support our work! To coordinate a time to drop off donations at one of our offices, please reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator who will meet you to receive them or arrange for another staff member to do so.
- Organizing and managing your own donation drive to collect new school supplies among your community that we can use in our packaging. Please reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator if you are interested in managing a community donation drive as he would be happy to connect and support!
- Transport of school supplies items from our DC office to our Silver Spring or Fairfax offices to help us get ready for our upcoming packaging days. Volunteers assisting with transport of school supplies will need a personal vehicle that is registered and insured under their name as well as a valid driving license.
- Joining us for a packaging day at one of our offices to help us stuff our backpacks with new school supplies to be distributed to our clients. Volunteers will need to join us at our office on specific dates listed below and abide by our COVID-19 policies. Otherwise, all that is needed is to be a team player, bring positivity and enthusiasm to help! While not required, we do prefer if assisting volunteers are able to lift and carry boxes up to 10 lbs.
Dates & Commitment: Here is the schedule and locations for our back-to-school supply drive & packaging events. If there are any adjustments our volunteer coordinator will reach to notify all those who have expressed interest.
- August 18th (12 PM - 2 PM): Packaging at our Fairfax, VA Office
- August 24th (12 PM - 2 PM): Packaging at our DC Office
- August 25th (12 PM - 2 PM): Packaging at our Silver Spring, MD Office
- August 29th: LAST DAY ACCEPTING SCHOOL SUPPLIES DONATIONS
COVID-19 Policies: At Ayuda, we believe it is critical that we follow the best public health practices and adhere to COVID-19 policies that ensure the safety of our staff, interns, beneficiaries, and volunteers. The following will be required of all Ayuda volunteers if coming to any of our offices for volunteering and is non-negotiable:
- Proof of vaccination, which we define as full vaccination plus a booster shot.
- A copy or photo of vaccination records can be sent to our Volunteer Coordinator before your joining us
- Wearing masks unless eating or drinking
Sign Up: To get involved in back to school supply drive and packaging events, please sign up to join us for a packaging date at one or any of our DC, MD, or VA offices, or email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. Upon receipt of initial interest, our Volunteer Coordinator will then send out a campaign-specific sign up for packaging dates that you can join us for. And if you have any questions about this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Washington, DC 20012
August 11, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_DAYS