Support Seniors in Your Community
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Golden Gate Senior Services
Golden Gate Village, based through the Richmond Senior Center, is a community of seniors and adults with disabilities, who have chosen to connect and contribute to one another’s lives through mutual support and social, cultural and educational activities. Village volunteers also support them to remain living and thriving in the neighborhoods they know and age in the homes they love.
Volunteers can help with:
- Transportation Assistance
- In Home Assistance such as light housekeeping, trash removal
- "Handyman" chores
- De-Cluttering or organizing
- Technical Assistance - Desktop or smart phones
- Friendly Neighbor Visitor/Companion (long term or short term).
Volunteering at Golden Gate Village can be a meaningful and rewarding experience.
Cantonese speaking a plus!
All volunteers must:
- Participate in an interview with a staff member
- Provide two personal references (professional and personal)
- Complete an online criminal background check and a DMV records check (if driving).
- For drivers, provide us with a copy of your valid driver's license and proof of up-to-date automobile insurance
- Participate in a Volunteer Orientation and Training.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6221 Geary BoulevardThird FloorSan Francisco, CA 94121
August 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH