Community Engagement / Fundraising Director (Course Credit Eligible)
ORGANIZATION: Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Students will receive two American Council on Education (ACE️(r) credit recommendations in Marketing for a Lower-Division Baccalaureate.
The volunteer externship program is five months in length with a flexible weekly schedule; after the externship, students receive a professional certification in Meta Social Media Marketing, two credit recommendations, professional accreditation, and a recommendation letter for resume submission.
Community Outreach/Fundraising Director
- Must be located around or near Metro Detroit and surrounding communities
This is an unpaid/ part-time Internship. This position will be responsible for assisting Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment to grow and engage the workforce community through community engagement and fundraising. This role will assist in fundraising initiatives and aid in the research of new partnerships. This position is a (mostly) work-from-home position with the occasional in-person event/meetings at local community events. Flexible work schedule with the opportunity to work 10-20 hours per week. Directly reports to the President and CEO.
- Helps to launch our Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment Campaign
- Manages our Holiday Auction, Networking Events, Business Networking Events, Social Events, Fashion Show Events, Car Show Events, Gambling Events any event that is creative and unique
- Collaborates with Founder on social media and communications initiatives
- Writes Press Releases
- Perform market research for potential veterinarians and cat rescue groups
- Assist in fundraising campaigns
- Research new ways to engage an audience to support the mission and growth of the organization.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
Knowledge and Education
- Currently Attending a College or University or recent graduates
- MUST LOVE PEOPLE
- Some related experience preferred either employment or education course project related
- Understanding and proficient using social media, creating social media content, and basic graphic design
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient knowledge in social media, including creating content in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Understanding of branding guidelines.
- Understanding of fundraising campaigns
- Professional Communication skills (written and verbal)
Work Environment: Hybrid/Remote position with Occasional in-person
About Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment
24901 Northwestern Highway, Suite 416, Southfield, MI 48075, US
Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment is a social enterprise venture that has a primary goal to provide resources for businesses, employers, and individuals.
Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment is a women-owned pioneer of business office education programs designed to help entrepreneurs launch, land, or expand their businesses. In addition, we offer socially beneficial economic community education and partnerships to help dislocated workers, incumbent workers, unemployed workers, former felons, and homeless individuals seeking employment in Metro Detroit communities and throughout Michigan.
24901 Northwestern Hwy Suite 416Southfield, MI 48075
September 15, 2022
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training