1 person is interested
Be a part of a movement to end poverty, become a RESULTS Fellow
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
"I used to never think that my voice would matter that much. And you’re able to come in and make an impact just by sharing your own insights, sharing your own experiences, and you’re actually able to influence decision making. And your advocacy has value."
-Anuroop Kumar RESULTS 2021 Fellow Alumni
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. RESULTS Fellows work together in our local communities and across the country to call for solutions to poverty here in the US and across the world.
We live our values each day by working with leaders to pass policies that will lead to our vision of a world free of poverty. Our community of Fellows and staff across the United States support each other to take collective action together.
Learn more about our community of fellows here: www.results.org/fellowship
Do you have a vision of a better, more equitable future?
You do not need to be a policy expert to make a difference at RESULTS. We will support you through training, mentoring, and monthly resources to learn the skills you need to be effective. The only thing necessary is a vision for a better future and the drive to be part of the solution.
By working together, we believe a better future is possible- further where:
- All people have a safe, affordable place to call home
- Everyone can experience economic security
- No one is worried about where their next meal will come from
- All children receive a quality education
- People across the world have access to quality healthcare and nutrition
Right now, this future is out of reach for too many people. Staggering inequality - driven by a history of oppressive policies - has created a world where too many people are held down and denied access to their basic rights and needs. We will not see a better future tomorrow unless we choose to take action and demand change today.
Read more about our anti-oppression values: www.results.org/values
If you identify with the following, our fellowship opportunity is a perfect fit for you!
- You believe that all people, no matter where they live, should have access to basic human rights like affordable housing, nutritious food, and economic security.
- You are tired of seeing oppression and inequality create poverty in your community and long to see a future where you, your family, neighbors, and community can thrive.
- You are ready to step forward and be an active part of the solution.
- You are willing to learn about policy solutions to poverty, develop effective advocacy skills, and spend a few hours each month taking action to make change happen
RESULTS Fellows are part of a community of advocates across the United States who support each other to take collective action together. In our community, we live our values each day by working with leaders to pass policies that will lead to our vision of a better tomorrow.
As a RESULTS Fellow you will receive training and support during the fellowship and beyond to become a powerful advocate for the end of poverty. You will:
- Write pieces that get published in the media
- Learn how to influence your member of Congress on issues like child survival, vaccines, and global nutrition.
- Become a skilled organizer who mobilizes your community to fight poverty.
- Start your own RESULTS chapter or help a local RESULTS chapter grow and thrive.
- Attend the RESULTS Fellowship Winter Summit to learn about RESULTS priority issues in depth and the federal budget process, then meet with members of Congress.
- Attend the RESULTS International Conference. Past speakers include Dr. Paul Farmer, DeRay McKesson, Marian Wright Edelman, former Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Clint Smith, Prof. Muhammad Yunus, and more.
If you are ready to make an impact, the RESULTS Organizing and Advocacy Fellowship is eager to support you.
You can start the process today. Learn more about the RESULTS Fellowship at www.results.org/fellowship. We look forward to meeting you.
1101 15th Street NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005, US
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together they use their voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. Volunteers receive training, support, and inspiration to become skilled advocates. In time, volunteers learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunity. With every hour of their time, volunteers multiply their impact through the enormous power of advocacy -- whether it’s helping change policy to support millions of families putting food on the table or helping raise billions of dollars for the world’s most vulnerable children. Backed by the in-depth research and legislative expertise of staff, RESULTS advocates realize the incredible power they possess to use their voices to change the world.
For over 40 years, RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund have been shining light on critical, effective solutions to poverty. By combining the powerful voices of civic advocates with research and oversight of U.S. anti-poverty efforts at home and abroad, RESULTS has been changing government priorities and people’s lives.
"I saw RESULTS on VolunteerMatch, but I wasn’t sure what advocacy was. Before that, I wasn’t really aware of the way different government policies impacted me. But RESULTS gave me a whole new perspective. I learned that if you want change, first you need to see what members of Congress are doing and build connections." - Yaseer Khanani
"I became an advocate because I wanted to be more involved in an organization that strives to make positive change. I really appreciate how genuine and dedicated everyone is to the RESULTS mission." - Sunjay Menon
"At RESULTS, we advocate for the issues that are close to my heart, like global health, education, and poverty eradication. I get to talk about issues that I witness throughout my professional and personal life. I can effect change by raising my voice." - Shabina Hussein
Multiple locations Portland, ME 04101
September 23, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 20
- The time commitment for a fellow is 3-6 hours per week.
- Ability to travel in the United States.