It’s a simple notion: people who are sick should not be without food. Yet it happens every day that people in our community with life-threatening illnesses find themselves unable to shop or cook and, often, without the support network to help.
With support of people like you, Open Arms brings comfort, nutrition, and support to our fellow community members who are living with life-threatening illnesses. We cook and deliver homemade food to approximately 1,000 clients every week across the Twin Cities, using healthy ingredients, free of charge. Help bring nourishment to those who need it most!
Volunteer to prepare, portion and package food in our state-of-the-art Open Arms kitchen-no culinary skills necessary! This is a great setting to hang out with other volunteers, pick up tips and tricks from our kitchen staff, and be enveloped in amazing kitchen smells. Bring friends and family with you, and have a good time making your community a better place! This is also a great opportunity to introduce service to kids; Open Arms is excited to offer fun and engaging volunteer opportunities to all folks, as young as 8 in the kitchen!
In return for your service, Open Arms will provide you with the opportunity to be part of a warm and giving community, engaging and flexible volunteer opportunities, and the chance to give back in a meaningful way.
Becoming a volunteer is easy - sign up to attend an orientation at http://www.openarmsmn.org/new-volunteers/. - once you attend we’ll ask you to fill out a Volunteer Profile, then you will be all set to go!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- no minimum time commitment
- 16-17 year olds with parental supervision
- Nonprofit Internship
- Be the Smiling Face at Open Arms...
- Group Kitchen Opportunity
- Prepare Meals for Those in Need!
- Deliver Meals to Those in Need!
- Bring Delicious Meals to Those...
- Become a Volunteer and Prep...
- Looking for a meaningful and fun...
- Deliver Meals to Those in need...
- Bring Nourishment to Those in...
- Team Meal Delivery Opportunity
- Family Delivery Opportunity