Volunteer Manager (Remote Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: LifeSmart Education
Who We Are
LifeSmart Education is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that enhances the availability of nontraditional educational classes and resources for underserved youth and communities. We help those who need unwavering, positive life management skills. Youth aren't born knowing the life skills that we wish they did; they must be taught and molded into productive members of society. At LifeSmart Education, we teach youth how to be socially and emotionally successful, and enable them to achieve their highest potential as law-abiding global citizens.
We are looking for a Volunteer Manager to work closely with the Executive Director & HR Administrator. The Volunteer Manager will be in charge of training and assigning responsibilities to volunteers. Update the Executive Director on the status of all projects and assignments. The incumbent must be comfortable communicating with people of different backgrounds and experiences.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to work in a startup environment, contribute to process improvement, and embrace the challenges of a small nonprofit. We understand that your time is valuable, so we encourage volunteers to let us know what work interests them so that we can help them grow as professionals. This volunteer opportunity requires a six-month commitment of approximately 5-10 hours per week (flexible working hours).
- Assess volunteer availability and skill set
- Create volunteer schedules for weekly assignments
- Ensure volunteers have a clear understanding of responsibilities/assignments
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure continuous satisfaction
- Delegate opportunities to volunteer that are a good fit for their skill sets
- Create & maintain appropriate materials to assist volunteers in completing their projects
- Update the Executive Director & HR Administrator on all-volunteer projects
- Assist with project completion as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills (Responsive & Friendly)
- Excellent time-management skills & detailed oriented
- Must be an effective delegator
- Takes the initiative and is proactive in making things happen
- Comfortable working independently & in groups
- Must be a High School graduate
- Related experience preferred but not required
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3989 BroadwaySuite 285Grove City, OH 43123
August 10, 2022