We're sorry, this opportunity no longer exists.
AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT) has 1 more opportunity, please check it out.See Opportunities
2 people are interested
PYO Volunteer Program Assistant
ORGANIZATION: AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT)
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
ACT works to reduce new HIV infections in Toronto and promotes the independence, dignity, health, and well-being of people living with HIV and AIDS and those at increased risk of HIV.
Position Title - PYO Volunteer Program Assistant
Program - Positive Youth Outreach (PYO) is a peer-led program of ACT that seeks to empower, support, and affirm the lives of young people living with HIV under 30. PYO provides opportunities for youth living with HIV to meet and learn with their peers through weekly programming including workshops, social events, and one-on-one peer support.
Supervisor - PYO Program Coordinator
Purpose - This volunteer role supports the PYO Coordinator with the coordination of PYO activities.
- Opportunity to participate in the coordination of programming that supports youth living with HIV.
- Develop problem-solving, critical thinking, and leadership skills.
- 4-6 hours per month for 12 months
- time commitment varies on volunteer's availability/schedule, to be agreed upon with supervisor. minimum of 1 shift a month
Duties - The Volunteer will:
- Assist with program-related logistics including but not limited to running errands, purchasing supplies, communicating information to service users, and setting up for workshops and events.
- Assist with providing practical supports to young people living with HIV in a manner that is empathetic and meets the needs of the service user.
- Participate in regular supervision with the PYO Program Coordinator.
- Other duties as required.
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Demonstrated understanding of issues facing youth living with HIV from an intersectional, anti-oppressive lens.
- Understanding of and comfort working with people of diverse sexual and gender identities in a sex-positive environment.
- Warm, friendly, personable.
- Ability to set and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Collaborative and positive attitude.
- Willing to take direction while also offering creative ideas.
- Willing to perform shifts on evenings and/or weekend.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable and punctual
- Comfortable moving/lifting objects
- Fluency in a second language is an asset.
- Experience with arts-based learning activities is an asset.
- Volunteer Core Skills Training
- On-the-job training with supervisor and/or other volunteers
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT)
543 Yonge St., 4th Floor, Toronto, ON M4Y 1Y5, CA
ACT works to reduce new HIV infections in Toronto and promotes the independence, dignity, health and well-being of people living with HIV and AIDS and those at increased risk of HIV.
ACT is a non-profit organization which provides free programs and services for those living with, affected by and who are at-risk of HIV. From wait-free counselling and support groups for gay men, women and young people living with HIV, community-based education and outreach, and our one-of-a-kind employment program, your supports have a real impact on people in the community. Our vision is for a Toronto with zero new HIV infections, zero AIDS related deaths and zero HIV-related stigma and discrimination.
543 Yonge StreetToronto, Ontario M4Y 1Y5Canada
August 9, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Orientation or Training