DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Volunteer Team Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Over the past 14 years, we’ve paid tuition for 7,600 students between 1st grade and 12th grade who may not have gone beyond an elementary education without us. We could do more, but we need someone like you on our team to help oversee the organization and manage operational activities as a board member.
We are looking for a compassionate team leader who desires to make a difference in student’s lives. If you are a great communicator who loves working with students, this might be a great opportunity for you to join a meaningful organization with similar interests.
WE are on a mission to make education accessible to children in Liberia so they can have the tools they need to be successful leaders in their country. Our goal is to one day have developed enough leaders that YesLiberia will no longer be needed. And we encourage you to join us as we make history in Liberia together. In this role, we will expect you to:
- Meet with parents and students regularly
- Document MOST interactions with parents, students, teachers, and partners in three forms video clips, photos and brief write-ups
- Great typing skills and being on camera, if needed
- Comfortable using computers and experience with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with Google Drive/ Google Suites
- Reliable and able to work both in a group and independently
- Passionate about helping others, especially children and parents
- Serve part-time for approximately ONLY 10 to 15 hours each week
- A monthly stipend will be provided
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to make children smile, laugh, and engage all our team members
- Ability to plan and create activities for students/parent’s engagements/volunteering
- Ability to lead and manage volunteers weekly
- Ability to work well within team and independently
- Ability to speak clearly and with honesty
- Ability to protect children from any form of ABUSE.
- Ability to follow policies, rules, and regulations
- MUST have strong desire to help children and families in need
- MUST be comfortable speaking on camera as needed
- MUST be extremely Reliable, Ethical, and Results-Oriented
- MUST have excellent customer service skills
- MUST have time management skills and ALWAYS show up on time
- MUST have a smartphone
- MUST be proficient with Zoom, WhatsApp, and Social Media platforms
- MUST have above average written and oral communication skills
- MUST be a legal resident in Liberia (Liberian citizenship is not required)
P O Box 241, Carlisle, PA 17013, US
Our mission is to empower young people through meaningful service learning opportunities in education, healthcare, and technology. We do this through strategic partnerships and learning models to utilize existing youth habits and uphold societal values in the communities we work.
Conviction created YesLiberia. Daily the needs of underprivileged are ignored. We ignore their struggles because it’s easier to deal with the more important things in our lives-- like climbing the corporate ladder and saving money so we don’t become indigent. And some of us ignore their challenges because they bring back unpleasant memories we seek to repress. But disregarding the plight of the underprivileged yields no resolution. Then certain things happen to remind us their struggles exist no matter how hard we try to pretend our needs surpass theirs.
Jallah was convicted by several of those things over a short period of time. The prostitution of children in Thailand reminded him of Liberia. The rape and war in Congo reminded him of Liberia. The genocide in Rwanda reminded him of Liberia. He remembered his underprivileged past--a past where he was seen as less than elite based on his tribal and economic status and where his education came as a gift from the United Methodist Church.
Reminded, he became convicted to act and YesLiberia was founded to educate and help underprivileged Liberians whose plight he intimately understood.
YesLiberia is a 501c3 charity organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service since July 2009. All donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowable by law. YesLiberia is also registered at four government agencies in Liberia.
MonroviaMonrovia, Liberia Liberia
August 9, 2022
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 26