Hospice House Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Aspirus Comfort Care & Hospice Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
· Performs patient care activities that promote safety and comfort.
· May provide patient care based on plan of care and assignment:
· Assists client in maintaining highest level of independence.
· Assists with daily living activities, e.g., make bed.
· May assist in maintaining patient/family environment:
· Sweeps, mops and/or vacuums patient areas as needed, e.g., bedroom, halls,
· Dusts furniture, fixtures and other equipment as needed.
· Stores soiled linen in designated container.
· Assists with patient's personal laundry.
· Cleans laundry and storage areas as needed.
· May assist patient with nutrition as assigned:
· Delivers and removes food trays; assists with menu selection.
· Sets up trays as needed.
· Assists with planning and preparing meals and snacks.
· Creates a caring environment for patients, families, visitors, and employees:
· Responds to patient/family calls.
· Provides comfort measures, e.g., fresh water, back rub, reading, music, etc.
· Converses and socially stimulates the patient as directed in the care plan.
· Facilitates patient/family choice in the provision of care and services.
· Communicates in a manner that promotes collaboration, team, and caring.
· Supports the plan of care to meet patient and family needs related to the terminal illness and/or end stage conditions.
· Utilizes appropriate communication routes.
· Documents appropriate patient information as needed.
· Verbally communicates observations to appropriate team member in a timely, collaborative manner.
· Responds to patient, family, visitor, and other employees' requests as indicated to maintain a caring environment.
· Responsible to maintain and demonstrate ongoing competencies for specific role function.
· Begins volunteer work at the start of the scheduled shift and remains on the job until the
conclusion of the shift.
· Actively participates in the CCHS' quality improvement program.
· Provides age specific care for neonates, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
· Follows all infection control standards.
· Participates in individual and group support.
· Participates in the development of the CCHS program.
· Participates in the bereavement component as assigned.
· Utilizes communication mechanisms.
· Participates in the survey process.
· Manages telephone inquiries/messages and patient/family problem solving.
· Notifies Registered Nurse Case Manager of any change in patient status that suggests a
need to update the plan of care.
· Provides support to the patient's family, consistent with the plan of care.
· Maintains CCHS volunteer competencies.
· Works independently.
· Participates in job duties and activities as assigned.
· Maintains a professional attitude and confidentiality regarding patients, families, CCHS business, and Wausau Hospital business.
· Displays effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Participates in in-services and volunteer meetings for self-development to maintain and update information about CCHS.
· Effectively notifies Registered Nurse or Volunteer Coordinator of any changes in client or
· Records time donated to CCHS.
· Performs care safely and accurately.
· Implements services in a caring manner.
· Expresses a comfort level with death and dying and the effect is has on family, significant others, self and other employees.
· Seeks support in dealing with death and dying.
· Acts and communicates in a manner that promotes team development.
About Aspirus Comfort Care & Hospice Services
520 N 32nd Ave, Wausau, WI 54401, US
Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services' mission is to provide and ensure meaningful and compassionate comfort (palliative) and end-of-life care. This will be accomplished by competent, financially responsible, caring staff and volunteers who work collaboratively with other providers.
Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services offers hospice, palliative and grief care. When active treatment is no longer the focus of care for an illness, hospice care concentrates on relieving symptoms and supporting patients and their families. Hospice patients generally have a life expectancy measured in months rather than years.
8951 Woodruff RoadWoodruff, WI 54568
August 9, 2022
- Elder care
- Music Arts
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour a week
- Must be Covid Vaccinated