Hosting Project Leader - FoodCycle Peckham
Please visit the new page to apply.
As a volunteer Hosting Project Leader you’ll act as the maître’ d of the team, running your Project’s front of house and helping to create a warm, friendly atmosphere that will make both volunteers and guests want to return each week. Your team of volunteers will lay the tables, greet guests, and serve the food - all under your guidance! You’ll be helping to build a resilient community through the sharing of delicious food and conversation, including reducing loneliness and contributing to improving the mental health and wellbeing of guests.
- Running hosting sessions, leading a team of volunteers to serve a three-course meal in a limited timeframe.
- Encouraging the whole team to have input into creating a warm, friendly atmosphere for guests.
- Inducting new volunteers.
- Working with your Project Leader team to ensure that all elements of the Project run smoothly, including liaising with the Cooking Project Leader at each session to gather information, e.g. about food allergens.
- Ensuring that all volunteers are following the food safety procedures set out in our kitchen handbook.
- Completing the closing checklist in the kitchen handbook and the weekly session report via our website.
If you’re interested in this role, please follow the link below to apply:
03:00 PM to 07:30 PM
03:15 PM to 07:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
2.16 The Food Exchange, New Covent Garden Market, London, London SW8 5EL, GB
Week in, week out we nourish the hungry and lonely in our communities with delicious meals and great conversation, using food which would otherwise go to waste. Our aims: - Connect communities - Support mental health, wellbeing and reduce loneliness - Nourish the hungry - Promote sustainability - Inspire change
We are FoodCycle, and our vision is to make food poverty, loneliness and food waste a thing of the past for every community.
We connect communities, reducing loneliness and food poverty - working with thousands of volunteers and surplus food to help everyone who needs us. By creating welcoming spaces for people from all walks of life to meet, eat and have conversations, and by offering a weekly telephone Check-in and Chat, we are supporting people’s health and mental wellbeing.
By cooking with surplus ingredients, we promote healthy, sustainable attitudes towards food and its impact on the environment, and help people to learn more about healthy food.
We aim to inspire greater change by sharing the impact of our community dining spaces and the voices of our guests to encourage more people to join and support FoodCycle, so we can help more people and more communities.
All Saint's ChurchBlenheim GrovePeckham, United Kingdom
August 9, 2022
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The suggested minimum time commitment for this role is 8 hours a month.
- • Complete all required training • Lead at least 1 session per month • Follow all FoodCycle policies and procedures Note: you must not be barred from working with children and adults who may be vulnerable and at risk of abuse or neglect