Nueces Co. needs Disaster Action Team Members needed to alleviate human suffering for Victoria
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Disaster Action Team Member
Responds to home or apartment fires to assist families with their immediate emergency needs
Assist Red Cross in delivering mission by alleviating human suffering caused by disasters. Primary responses include single family and multi family fires.Key Responsibilities
- Provide timely response to disaster and assist those affected
- Respond to disaster scenes as assigned by Team Leader within two hours
- Meet the needs of those affected by disaster such as the need for shelter and food by providing Red Cross services
- Complete forms related to service
- Provide referrals to other agencies
- Communicate to Team Leader about availability and readiness on a regular basis
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Be able to follow chapter guidance and current Red Cross disaster guidance
- Bilingual English/Spanish a huge plus, but not required.
- Choose your availability on an availability and rotation schedule
- Should be able to commit to being on call at least 3 days/month
- Typical response 3-4 hours, depending on travel time
"Be the Change you wish to see in the World...Gandi"
All my best,
Sylvia Burle I Senior Recruitment Specialist, Volunteer Services
American Red Cross (361) 500-5027 I E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: @RedCrossTXGC | Facebook: @RedCrossTXGC | LinkedIn: American Red Cross Texas Gulf Coast Region
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. La Cruz Roja Americana previene y alivia el sufrimiento humano frente a emergencias movilizando el poder de los voluntarios y la generosidad de los donantes.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
4639 Corona DriveCorpus Christi, TX 78411
August 9, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per month as needed. May also commit to more time if you have additional time available to volunteer.
- Must be willing to respond 24 a day as needed. complete online training courses, Complete driver authorization form, and issuance of Client Assistance Cards