Be a part of the LOCAL RESPONSE TEAM in Erie County - Join our Disaster Action Team!
ORGANIZATION: The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
Please visit the new page to apply.
In Erie County, the our Disaster Team was able to respond to 62 events (fires, floods, etc) between May 2021 until June 2022. We were able to provide services to 222 individuals to ensure that their basic needs were met after a life changing disaster. We want to ensure that we can provide seamless services to Erie County families them for services from our counties. The commitment for our Disaster Volunteer in Erie County is very flexible being that home fires and natural disasters average about five events per month.
Responsibilities: Our Disaster Action Team provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic needs such as food, shelter, and clothing etc.
- Supporting the annual goals, Regional Disaster Operation objectives, and regional/chapter plan for Disaster Action Team services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
- Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as Disaster Action Team program requirements change.
- Attends regular team meetings and training.
- Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the Disaster Action Team program.
- Prepare vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the Disaster Action Team program and other tasks assigned by the Disaster Action Team Leader.
About The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
2201 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
4961 Pittsburgh AvenueErie, PA 16509
August 8, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per month