Educate Girls in 3D Printing & STEM | Become a ChangeMaker
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: MakerGirl
Due to the critical need for STEM education and the desire for every girl to be a MakerGirl, we are seeking volunteers to assist with projects and running our 3D printing sessions for girls ages 7-15!
MakerGirl is supported by ChangeMakers who want to work on the biggest education challenges today so that tomorrow there is equity and growth built from a foundation of education and learning!
Educate 10K girls in STEM by 2023 (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Every girl should identify as a MakerGirl -- lives and dreams as an unstoppable force that says "Yes!" to challenges of the future.
Is the ChangeMaker Experience In-Person or Virtual?
Both! While we’ve got virtual public sessions, we’re working on transitioning back to in-person. If leading our in-person transition sounds interesting, check out our Academies- universities partnered up with MakerGirl to lead sessions in makerspaces on campus!
What are we looking for in a ChangeMaker?
University or High School Volunteers: While the ChangeMaker program is specifically catered towards University and High School students, set up a coffee chat with us if you’ve got special considerations.
No Financial Obligation: The ChangeMaker program is free of dues or other financial obligations.
No Previous CAD Requirement: Training, support, teammates and students will all be provided by us!
What is the Minimum Participation Requirement for ChangeMakers?
Lead 2 Sessions and attend 1 all-team meeting a month! The remaining ChangeMaker experience is a "choose your own adventure" of personal and professional experiences, so choose as much or as little as you want to take on.
- Sessions (2 per month, 2 hours each): 16
- STL File Review (1 per session, ~30 min avg.): 4
- All Team Meetings (1 per month, 1 hour each): 4
- Professional Development events (1 per month, 30 min-1 hour each): 4
- Miscellaneous (i.e. Academy meetings, fundraising events): 4 per year
- Total hours per semester: ~30
Ah, I’m nervous about leading sessions! What’s MakerGirl got for me?
Training, a great team (who’ll be with you on every session), and a stress-free environment. We’ve got your back!
Ways to Grow with MakerGirl:
- Get to know our network! Many ChangeMakers have used our connections and speaker series to find their next internship or job!
- Own a project! As a growing organization, there are always new projects becoming available that our ChangeMakers can take on as their own. Some examples of past projects are: developing new curriculum, joining a Task Force, creating new session materials, event planning, and more!
- Level Up! Each semester we have 3-4 interns that help us with the day-to-day administration of MakerGirl and our new initiatives. These ChangeMakers are able to grow professional skills andhave the chance to join calls with some of the top companies we work with such as Deloitte, Salesforce/Mulesoft, Motorola Solutions and more!
Join our team and make your change with MakerGirl!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1100 West Adams StreetUnit 2 NChicago, IL 60607
August 6, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH