Social Communication Assistant: Volunteer or Internship in communication, community engagement & fun
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Playa VivaSocial Communication Assistant: Volunteer or Internship in communication, community engagement & fundraising.
If you are creative and passionate about transmitting a message, this is a great experience to develop your skills in digital marketing while contributing to our cause. It is a multifaceted role designed to help with communication, fundraising, outreach and networking. The ideal candidate is someone with proficiency in research, IT, writing and organizational skills, as well as the ability to interact with potential clients, sponsors, donors, and charities in a professional manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Social Media
Manage and create regular updates for our social media (Playa Viva’s and La Tortuga Viva’s accounts), newsletters, blog and the other channels where we are present. Create high quality content, videos and images, daily posts and stories, campaigns, special thanks for retreat groups, sponsors, and donors. Develop a strategy to engage more followers and likes.
- Outreach & Promotion
Promote and share our content and campaigns. Answer inquiries, comments, and messages. Assist with the creation of official reports, documents, and materials about our impact and achievements. Mange influencers
Maintain regular communication and regularly check the official email account assigned to your role. Organize regular meetings with team managers, coordinators, volunteers, and collaborators.
Search for funding and grant opportunities for the social environmental impacts of ReSiMar, promote current and future fundraisers.
- Additional duties.
Getting involved weekly in supporting the different areas in order to understand what projects or events are going on, and crate great content. Interacting with our hotel guests to understand and capture their experiences to share with our larger online community. Creating guides and protocols for projects that will be taken on by future volunteers. Proofreading and translation assistance for newly created documents. Keeping the folder with all information in Google drive updated and organized.Schedule
A full-time commitment of 35 hours per week is required. Weekly schedules are created together with the supervisors and change according to the position/project assigned.Benefits - What do we offer?
- Accommodation in shared housing (3 bedrooms, kitchen,1 bath with a big terrace and garden) located in the nearest village of Juluchuca. The house has only basic amenities (running water, internet, and electricity but this can go out sometimes).
- Two meals per day (breakfast and lunch) are provided during working days (six days per week). You will have one day off and that day you are responsible for your own meals.
- Academic recognition for internships and placements. All fields of study are welcome, biology, environmental engineering, agriculture, sociology, tourism, communication, education and marketing are preferred.
- Fieldwork and professional experience. Volunteers receive unforgettable field experience, working on projects with the local community and with international organizations.
- Cultural Exposure. Living in the vibrant culture of a coastal-rural setting in Mexico. For those coming from Western-based countries or busy urban areas, it will be a cultural reset.
- Reference upon the successful completion of the period of service.
Please note all positions are unpaid and we do not charge any fee for your program. We do not provide insurance, transportation to and from Mexico, or cover any other expenses. Volunteers are welcome to fundraise for their position. Cost of living outside the position's benefits runs $100-200 USD per month.Minimum Requirements
Long commitment: minimum 5+ months
We ask that you make a commitment to the local way of life, getting to know our community, and helping us to identify areas where we can make an impact together.
Fluency in English and Spanish
At least a B2 (high-intermediate) level of Spanish is required since very few staff members at the resort or among local teams speak English, and even fewer in the community.
Full COVID Vaccination
Willingness to volunteer in a remote location and follow the program´s rules.
Be proactive and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Professional qualifications or relevant experience is preferred, but it is not an essential requirement.
Strong Interpersonal Skills. Communication, presentation and negotiation skills are essential. Community engagement projects are based on communication and the ability to work with one another.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
August 6, 2022
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination