Notre Dame AmeriCorps Member with St. Margaret's Center: Client Case Aide Paid Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: St. Margaret's Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
St. Margaret’s Center provides a comprehensive range of emergency and supportive services to nearly 10,000 unduplicated individuals annually in the Los Angeles "L.A.X." area, primarily those living in the cities or streets of Lennox and surrounding communities.
St. Margaret's Center is looking for an individual who is committed to social services and is very service oriented. This role will be located in the main lobby of the office and interacts with all clients who access the Center for assistance, as everyone must sign in and be directed to appropriate program/service. About 65% of program participants are Latino, 30% African American, and all are poverty-level households.
* Assisting with telephone reception: giving information, making referrals, scheduling appointments, directing to programs.
* Giving detailed information on program requirements before scheduling appointments for MediCal (Medicaid), immigration services, etc.
* Making reminder phone calls the day before scheduled appointments.
* Distributing items to homeless program participants: lunches, hygiene supplies, blankets, etc., and assessing their situations for proper referral.
* Assisting participants with a variety of needs: filling out forms, understanding program requirements, translation, helping with phone calls and interactions with other agencies, referring to programs and agencies that St. Margaret’s Center can’t help with.
* Providing intake assessments for all new program participants, and review documentation for programs as needed.
* Engaging in case management with selected program participants that require more intensive services.
* Creating program flyers, promotional materials and forms as needed.
* Inputting demographic and service data for participants.
* Assisting participants with utility assistance programs via online platforms.
* Representing the agency at community meetings and events, as needed.
* Helping out in the Food Pantry, as needed.
* Processing families for the annual Christmas Program and working at the all-day event.
* Ability to multi-task! (with 3 phone lines, and an average of 700 persons accessing the Center each week, this is an essential quality)
* Completely Bilingual in English/Spanish
* Proficient computer skills: Office Suite and any others
* Empathy and compassion for low-income and disenfranchised communities
Stipend: $20,850 + Other Limited Benefits Including $10,000 "Education Award" to Be Used on Student Debt, Grad School or Approved Educational Purpose
Months Required: September - July
**NOTE: This is NOT a remote position. All duties must be performed at 10217 S. Inglewood Ave, Lennox, CA 90304
To apply, please visit www.ndmva.org/apply
08:30 AM to 05:00 PM
Full Time Paid Volunteer- Runs from September 1, 2022 to July 31, 2023
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About St. Margaret's Center
10217 Inglewood Avenue, Lennox, CA 90304, US
St. Margaret's Center's goal is to provide relief, dignity and support to low-income persons in crisis and to assist individuals through case management and skills development to become more self-sufficient and to achieve economic security
St. Margaret's Center, a program of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Inc., has served low-income and homeless families since 1987. The Center provides a comprehensive range of emergency and supportive services to more than 10,000 unduplicated individuals annually in the Los Angeles "L.A.X." area, primarily those living in the cities or streets of Lennox and surrounding communities.
St. Margaret's Center's mission has remained the same throughout its history, but the Center's programs have grown and evolved to respond to the needs of the community. St. Margaret's Center's programs target individuals and families who live at or below the poverty level. Programs are offered in both English and Spanish, and are free of charge, with the exception of nominal fees for immigration and counseling services. The Center provides assistance to anyone in need, regardless of the person's race, national origin or religious affiliation.
10217 S. Inglewood Ave.Inglewood, CA 90304
August 5, 2022
- Office Reception
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is a paid internship with regular business hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Opportunity runs from September 1, 2022 to July 31, 2023
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19.