Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments
The Stand By Me program is seeking financial coaches to help clients clarify their financial goals and achieve them. Stand By Me offers free coaching to Oregonians in Marion, Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Counties. We have a small team of coaches already, and we are looking for more to expand our service.
A financial coach is different from a financial adviser or planner. The role of a coach is to:
- Facilitate a process of change for clients
- Ask open-ended questions to create meaningful conversation
- Empower clients with information and access to resources so that the client can make the best decision for them
- Offer accountability and support during and between appointments
This means coaches don't need any formal training in finances, budgeting, savings, or accounting. It may help you provide information and resources to a client, but it's not necessary to become a coach!
Our volunteer coaches have the following responsibilities:
- Do basic outreach to tell people about the $BM program and the benefits of coaching.
- Coordinate with potential clients in order to schedule appointments.
- Conduct coaching sessions with clients on a timeline based on client’s needs. For example, sessions could be 1x/week or could be 1x/month. Virtual, phone, or in-person meetings are acceptable, it's up to the coach and client how they'll meet for sessions.
- Assist clients in clarifying their goals, setting action plans, and achieving those goals.
- Keep our internal database updated with client information, appointment dates, and updates about client's progress. Maintain client confidentiality and privacy.
- Attend coach huddles (via Zoom or Microsoft Teams) 2x/month
- Stay in touch with $BM team about availability, outreach, coach huddle scheduling, and other coaching matters.
We will have formal training this fall, September or October, and until then, you can meet with us during coach huddles, shadow coaching sessions, and learn more about the program. We are looking for coaches who can stay with us long-term, as least 6 months, and who have the capacity to meet with at least 1-5 individual clients.
This program is managed by the Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments and funded through grants from places such as Oregon Community Foundation, Benton County, and more.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1400 Queen Ave SEAlbany, OR 97322
August 5, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK