Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: B&O RAILROAD MUSEUM
Docents are often the public face of the museum that visitors interact with most. It’s a fun, social assignment where you get to help bring the Museum alive through sharing the history and stories of the American Railroading and the impact it’s had on American Society.
Docents have a big role to play! The position consists of the following responsibilities:
- Staff the information desks and assist guests by answering questions about the collection, Museum programs, operating hours, and other frequently asked questions
- Give public tours. There is one scheduled each day
- Give tours to private tour groups (schedule fluctuates)
- Car Host (assist with train rides)
- Keep the Roundhouse and North Car Shop stay orderly - restock brochures, keep information desks tidy (inside and out), ensure stanchions in place
- Ensure that the Museum objects are handled appropriately (not climbed on, touched, etc), per the Museum policies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic about historic preservation and interpretation
- Positive and professional working demeanor
- Enjoy working with other and interacting with the public
- Proactive in problem solving and solution finding
- Love of and prior knowledge of railroading history is a plus
- Experience speaking in front of groups is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn and retain new information is a plus
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
901 West Pratt StreetBaltimore, MD 21223
August 5, 2022
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK