Feeding Service Associate Volunteers NEEDED to help our Neighbors after a DISASTER!
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Feeding Service Associate supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. The role of Feeding Service Associate is to serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to successfully complete their assigned areas of responsibility on a disaster relief operation. You ensure food safety and proper food service in a variety of work locations.
- Serve as Kitchen Crew, Load Master, Communications/Dispatcher, yard Crew, Inventory Crew, Mobile Feeding Crew, Canteen Associate, or other feeding worker position on a disaster relief operation.
- Meeting disaster-caused feeding needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Preparing and serving meals that meet required cultural, religious, and dietary sensitivities of clients, always practicing Safe Food Handling.
- Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
- Providing feedback on disaster impact and community recovery, collecting essential elements of information.
- Providing accurate reporting of feeding activity as assigned
Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
Beyond Regional responses: 12-14-hour days for extended periods depending on distance.
Time and length of commitment will vary by operation
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Roanoke, VA 24016
August 4, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Disaster Response
- Food Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 4–12-hour shift per month required
- Disaster Cycle Services • Disaster Action Team DAT: Help comfort and support people who are forced from their homes due to fires, storms, and other emergencies.