15 people are interested
Donation Transportation Assistance
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Opportunity Title: Donation Transportation Assistance
Opportunity Description: We are looking for volunteers to assist us with the transport of in-kind donations between our offices. Given the location of the food pantry at our DC office and the diaper bank at our MD office, we would love for volunteers to help us transport these in-kind donations from one office to the other on a regular basis. We will also need assistance transporting in-kind donations between all three of our offices, especially during seasonal campaigns like our back-to-school supply drive. This assistance allows our clients to receive the full benefit of our social services with much greater ease and convenience.
A valid driver's license registered and insured in the driver’s name and access to a personal vehicle will be required of all volunteers for these opportunities.
Department/Individuals Assisting Ayuda’s Social Services Team
Responsible to: Our Volunteer Coordinator, Connor Paul, as well as our Supervising Case Managers, Maria Vethencourt (MD Office), Kirstie Sippola (DC Office), and Fatima Monastiriotis (VA Office).
- Transporting food pantry supplies from our DC office to our Maryland office for our latter clients to receive grocery bags
- Transporting baby supplies from our Maryland office to our DC office for our latter clients to receive diapers and other newborn/infant/toddler products
- Transporting in-kind donations collected during our seasonal campaigns from our administrative DC office to our offices in Silver Spring, MD and Fairfax, VA.
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to a personal vehicle that is registered and insured
- Strong cross-cultural communication abilities
- Being a team player
- Positivity and enthusiasm for our work
- Bilingual abilities with a preference for fluency in Spanish
- Ability to lift and carry boxes up to 10 lbs.
- We typically are in need of transportation assistance at least once a month from our DC to MD office and vice versa.
- Assistance will need to be provided during business hours when staff are there to welcome volunteers transporting and our office spaces are open for the day
- We will also need additional transportation assistance during our seasonal campaigns from our administrative office in DC to our offices in Silver Spring, MD and Fairfax, VA.
- Specific dates and times will be finalized with our Volunteer Coordinator as needed upon signing up.
Technology Needed: No technology is needed to assist with this opportunity other than a personal vehicle.
Sign Up: To help us with the transportation of our in-kind donations, sign up for our opportunity here! Our Volunteer Coordinator will add you to our active roster and reach out to you in advance of in-kind transportation days we are seeking assistance. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to reach out to him at email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
1990 K Street NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20006, US
Ayuda’s mission is to advocate for low-income immigrants through direct legal, social and language services, training and outreach in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. We envision a community where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States. Ayuda's core values of Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Inclusion, Client-centeredness and Wellbeing serve as a foundation for how we carry out our work. They are a thread throughout everything we do and serve as a commitment to one another and to the communities we serve.
Ayuda is the only nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia that offers a full range of immigration and family law assistance, case management, therapy, and language support for low-income immigrants from anywhere in the world. Since 1973, we have served more than 150,000 low-income immigrants access justice, heal from trauma, and overcome language isolation.
Multiple locations Washington, DC 20006
September 12, 2023
- Truck Driving
- Bus/Van Driving
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 1 hour per donation transport on average
- Volunteers will need to maintain a valid driver's license that is registered and insured in their name as well as access to a personal vehicle.